addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › Give me a chance to meet some more of you....

Give me a chance to meet some more of you....

A former member
Post #: 12
Hi everyone, first off, I'm super excited to be part of the ChicagoVeg team as an asst. organizer. This group really rocks. Second, I'm always doing stuff and I like to share what's up so I am cordially inviting you to join me and my co-op for one of our regular get togethers. Read details below. Although the gathering is not for veg folks exclusively, there will be lots of veg/vegan food. I'm vegan so I'll be definitely preparing some tasty treats.

What: HUB CO-OP breakfast club

When: October 24, 2009 12:00 PM

Where:
Sophia's and crew Crib
2358 S. Marshall Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60623
309-740-0223

Experience green living by visiting a housing co-op dedicated to living green and practicing sustainability in different ways. We as a community often host dinners/brunches (twice a month at least) to hang out with friends and soon-to-be friends. We would love to have all of you ;o)

I live at the HUB and if you want to learn more about us, visit http://hubcoop.org/...­

We're having a brunch and there will be tons of food and something for everyone (many are omnivores here). There will be vegan and vegetarian delights. Also please bring something little if you would like (a tasty morsel or drink). You'll meet awesome people and you'll get a chance to see our building and roof if you are brave enough.

Another added bonus, is we have plenty of bike parking.
Come in through the courtyard when you arrive and it'll be in one of the first floor apts. you can't miss it.

peace,
sophs
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello Im very new to the vegan community
this is my first thanksgiving so i was wondering if you could give me any new tips on things i could eat and place to go get food
A former member
Post #: 27
Hi Tasia,
A great vegan restaurant was just re-opened this week after a month or so. The name is Loving Hut, formerly called Alice & Friends, now with its very beautifully new look. They serve mostly oriental vegan cuisine, change from full service to fast food service with the same delicious menu as before. So you don't need to pay gratuity any more. Loving Hut is the name of the first fast food chain in the world that serve vegan foods. They open 4-9 PM for the first month. After that, it will be opened for lunch and dinner, 7 days a week. Check it out at: www.LovingHut.com.
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 75

I just checked www.LovingHut.com and it's still said "Opening soon" for their Chicago location.

I don't know about "the first fast food chain in the world" but the best of my knowledge the first Veg*n fast food in Chicago is Veggie Bite (http://veggiebite.net...­) If you look at their website they also claim to be The First Vegan Fast-Service Restaurant Ever.

Tasia:
I don't see that this message thread that was started by Sophia is a good place to ask your question and start the discussion. However, you are welcome to start a new separate discussion with your question on this message board or check out our Facebook group that has similar discussions: http://www.facebook.c...­