Potluck means that everyone brings some food/drink to share. Below are ChicagoVeg guidelines for our potlucks. If you are coming without any food (bringing a bag of potato chips is not an option) please contact potluck organizer first.
1. You should bring enough food or beverage to serve 5-7 people. The food you bring can be prepared by you or bought from a store/restaurant as long as you know ALL ingredients.
2. Mark the food that you bring:
- a. "D" if it contains some dairy, honey or any animal products, "V" if it's totally Vegan (no animal products), "R" for Raw food.
- b. Please list ingredients in case someone has some allergies.
- c. Put your name – someone may want to ask you for recipe or have other questions.
3. To better accommodate others please consider bringing totally Vegan food (no animal products) or event Raw food if possible.
4. As you RSVP add a note with a short description indicating what you plan to bring (don't bring something that many others plan to bring).
5. Bring serving utensils for your dish and tableware (whatever you/your guests may want to use)
6. No tobacco, alcohol, or other intoxicants please.
7. For outdoor potlucks you may wish to consider bringing the following:
- a. Bring folding chair, blanket or anything else to sit on unless you don't mind standing all the time or sitting on the grass
- b. Sunscreen, sunglasses, swimsuit (for tanning or swimming)
- c. Balls, Frisbees, Aerobies any other games you would like to play with others
Potluck organizers will do their best to provide sufficient amounts of drinking water, ice, cups, plates, and napkins/paper towels. Please contact the event organizer(s) if you wish to contribute any of these items.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|History||May 27, 2013 10:23 PM||Vadim|
|Vegan and Vegetarian Restaurants||September 25, 2013 7:40 AM||Ken Mick|
|Sponsors||March 5, 2013 10:49 PM||Vadim|
|Vegan and Vegetarian Quotes||April 24, 2013 7:00 PM||Vadim|
|Quesadilla||August 17, 2012 8:47 PM||Vadim|
|Vegan Registered Dietitian||June 27, 2012 11:58 AM||Vadim|
|Why Veg||June 24, 2013 1:31 PM||Vadim|
|ChicagoVeg Singles||September 6, 2012 8:49 AM||Vadim|
|ChicagoVeg Outreach||March 22, 2013 12:07 AM||Vadim|
|ChicagoVeg Kids||December 6, 2011 7:31 PM||Vadim|
|Mission||January 16, 2013 8:45 PM||Vadim|
|Classification Of Vegetarians||February 1, 2010 7:55 PM||Vadim|