Chicago Veggie Pride - Midwest Vegans & Vegetarians Unite! Message Board › 2012 CVPP Flyer Distribution

2012 CVPP Flyer Distribution

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello friends of Chicago Veggie Pride Parade!

We're looking for volunteers to help us distribute flyers and parade promotional material to veg-friendly businesses. We've organized these businesses by location so that you will be able to visit 3-5 veg-friendly businesses easily and quickly. Please choose 1 or 2 areas from the 12 areas (maps) that you would be able to visit. Then reply via the message board as to which area(s) you can take and complete.

Please feel free to post fliers and promo material in veg-friendly businesses besides the ones shown on the maps. This list is by no means an exhaustive one. Please post on message board if you have any questions. Thank you!

- Link to maps of 12 different areas -
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 360
I dropped fliers and posters at:
- Karyn's (for all locations)
- Chicago Diner
- Soul Vegetarian
A former member
Post #: 2
I dropped off fliers and posters at:

Area 1
-Whole Foods (Evanston)
-JD Mills Health Foods
-Blind Faith Cafe

Area 2
-Uru Swati
-Arya Bhavan
-Udupi Palace
-Mysore Woodlands

Area 4
-Native Foods
-Vegetarian Express

Area 5
-Earth's Healing Cafe
-Urban Vegan
-Delicious Cafe
A former member
Post #: 3
It would be wonderful if someone could distribute fliers/posters to restaurants in Areas 8 (Wicker Park) and 10 (Southside Chicago)! Also to any of the suburban locations! Thank you!
A former member
Post #: 4
And thanks, Vadim! =)
user 3156313
Chicago, IL
Post #: 6
I distributed materials on a Wednesday to the Green City Farmer's market vendors. The market could not accept the materials directly as they only promote market specific activities so I approached the produce vendors directly. Many enthusiastically accepted them to display on their tables. Sorry, I did not keep a list of which vendors accepted the materials. I don't know how many Farmer's Markets have started for the season, but it is a target audience.

The flyer is also on display at the employee and volunteer area at the Chicago Botanic Gardens. The Garden is not able to promote the event directly either.

I also distributed materials to several bike shops (didn't keep list) and at the Bridgeport Coffee company on 31st and S. Morgan in Bridgeport.
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 361
Thank you, Jessica and Sue!
Thank you, Cat, for taking care of the Promo Distribution areas 6 and 7b (­)
A former member
Post #: 5
Thanks so much Sue and Cat!!
A former member
Post #: 6
Yesterday I dropped off posters and flyers at restaurants in Area 8:

Green Zebra
Mana Food Bar
Quesadilla (How did I not know about this place?!?! What a delicious comfort to have found Vegan Mexican food! Had my first Torta ever!! Yum!)

Also hung up posters and flyers at Heartland Cafe in Rogers Park.

It would be really great if someone could get to the restaurants in Area 11. If no one can, I will go there Saturday afternoon. Anyone care to join me?
user 3156313
Chicago, IL
Post #: 7
I dropped some materials at some of the locations in Area 10 on Saturday after the planning meeting. I had a couple challenges; A Natural Harvest was closed for the weekend and had nowhere to leave anything, Soul Vegan is either in the middle of Kennedy King College (which was closed) or WYCC broadcast station which doesn't have a visitor area (740 W. 63rd is the address on their FB page, so it isn't likely a typo...) and I left the materials in a letter box at B'Gabs Goodies (which is very hard to find) since they were locked up too. I won't be able to make it out again that way before the parade. I was able to visit Yah's Cuisine and had some food - it was GREAT!

I found a couple of places on Happycow where I left some materials;
Bonne Sante
1512 E 53rd St in Hyde Park
Sistah's Vegan Restaurant
2239 W 95th St.

I also left some fliers at two veg friendly places in Hyde Park - Chant on 53rd and Noodles Etc on 57th.