addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Anne M.
AppleBlossomFarm
Stamford, CT
Post #: 6
I just got some 5 week old White Turkeys & lost one already. It had a bunch of yellowish colored worm-looking things caked up all around its tail & on its back. I took pics. Will post shortly. Any idea what it might be? I checked the other 4 birds & they are all fine. Well I can figure out how to attach a pic. But I do have them if somebody has an idea of what it might be.
Melina B.
Melina_B
Group Organizer
Stamford, CT
Post #: 160
Ann- sounds like round worms. are they like spaghetti? If they are fat they may be maggots. its hard to tell. You can email me direct at melinabrown@optonline.net to send pics or upload them here into the gallery and you can share them here. I would worm them right away with wazine or ivomec. then worm them again in a week with something else. If they are not worms, and even if they are, I would treat the turkeys with sulmet. If you got them for food I would check the withdrawal for butchering. where are they from? have you looked closely at the poop of the others? If you look at the photos on the link above there are pics of round worms in poop. Please let me know more info such as age, where are they from and other symptoms. Is the deat turkey's head purple? are you seeing any runny nose or hearing wheezing in the others? Melina