align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
Anne M.
AppleBlossomFarm
Stamford, CT
Post #: 7
I have two hens with very scaly & swollen legs. Any thoughts as to what it might be? The 2 birds are limping quite a bit. I've searched around on the web & it appears to be scaly leg mites.
Melina B.
Melina_B
Group Organizer
Stamford, CT
Post #: 163
I have two hens with very scaly & swollen legs. Any thoughts as to what it might be? The 2 birds are limping quite a bit. I've searched around on the web & it appears to be scaly leg mites.
first I would coat them in oil. You can use vaseline and really rub it in. I have had some success with vit e oil too. Also, use a spray on them like frontline. I put pour on eprinex on my birds and I also dust them for parasites so that helps.. The scaly leg mites need a topical and an internal at the same time.
They take a while to clear up and you have to repeat treatment.