align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Chihuahuas of the Tampa Bay Area Message Board › Heartworm/tic Prevention

Heartworm/tic Prevention

A former member
Post #: 1
I am curious what everyone uses for heartworm/tic prevention, or if they have ever had a bad experience with any (dog getting heartworm, etc.). We have been using Revolution for Phoebe since we got her. Since moving here, the vet we just took her to said that Trifexa is better since it is stronger and heartworms/tic are more prevalent here than in Illinois. Curious what opinions are - we started with Revolution originally because it is topical...Phoebe has a very sensitive stomach and often regurgitates pills,which is the form Trifexa is in. Thoughts? Thanks!
Ruth
user 57840902
Wesley Chapel, FL
Post #: 28
I have had my pups on Trifexa for about 3 years or so, have had no bad reactions. They eat it like it's a treat, so there is no drama giving it to them. I used a topical on one of my babies when I first moved here and it burned his skin so bad he blistered. It's been 9 years and I don't remember what brand.
A former member
Post #: 16
I've been using Tri-Heart Plus for years with no problems. I was using Frontline for the fleas but after I started spotting a flea or two I quit using that and tried Bio Spot Defense Spot on. I've been using that for about 3 years and never had any problems.

I am curious what everyone uses for heartworm/tic prevention, or if they have ever had a bad experience with any (dog getting heartworm, etc.). We have been using Revolution for Phoebe since we got her. Since moving here, the vet we just took her to said that Trifexa is better since it is stronger and heartworms/tic are more prevalent here than in Illinois. Curious what opinions are - we started with Revolution originally because it is topical...Phoebe has a very sensitive stomach and often regurgitates pills,which is the form Trifexa is in. Thoughts? Thanks!

A former member
Post #: 2
I use sentinel and my daughter uses heartguard I use to use interceptor but they now only make sentinel haven't had any problems, I always give with their food.