Have you always wanted to write picture books?
Do you have an idea but don't know how to develop it into a coherent, salable picture book?
Do you want to learn the basics of picture writing for kids?
Then look no further!
Designed for beginners, this 2-hour workshop will tell you how to turn your idea into a picture book (PB). You'll get a broad introduction to the genre ("the big picture" - pun intended!) and write your very own PB story draft in the class. No previous writing or drawing experience necessary.
In this PB writing workshop, you will
- learn what a picture book really is
- Understand the current PB trends
- Know what appeals to children
- Browse through various styles of PBs
- Visualise PB ideas and concepts
- Arrive at a good PB concept
- Draft your PBstory as an outline
- Get to know point of view, structure and pace
- Create a PB dummy
- Get your PB critiqued
- Receive free handouts and resources
Workshop fee of Rs. 1200 includes handouts, materials and refreshments. Payment accepted by cheque, bank transfer and PayPal. For any queries, please contact Radhika Meganathan at [masked]
About your workshop facilitator:
Radhika Meganathan has published 12 picture books, with 20 more under production. Her first PB series GOLDEN MYTHOLOGY won the National Printing Excellence Award (Seasons Publishing, 2004). Radhika is the founder of Smara Creative Escapes and MKS Author Solutions; she can be reached at www.childrenswriter.in