Help support your MeetupChip in
If you love hiking, especially peak bagging, and are a person of faith, this is the group for you to join. Hiking for me is a form of worship to the Lord, and it's also a time to reflect on His awesome glory, reflected in His creation. The time spent peak bagging, hiking, backpacking or even simple nature walks, is all about exploring the Savior's nature, through nature. Fasting from the confusion of our world by getting into nature, allows us communication with Him as the Creator, and through this meetup, fellowship with other people who share the same beliefs. I have been told countless times to not talk about "religion" on the hikes I've gone on. This is a safe place to peak bag, hike, and talk issues of faith (and everything else under the sun), as much as you like. We're going to disagree on some theology, but we'll have eternity to discover the areas we were wrong, and how in the scope of things, it probably didn't matter anyway.
We will explore God's Creation all over the state of Colorado, this country, and even have the opportunities to go on international mission trips.
The events will range from scenic hikes to lakes and waterfalls, to overnight backpacking treks. In the summer, the schedule with be heavy with Fourteeners and Thirteeners, scenic hikes, and fun treks. Winter will include snowshoeing and downhill skiing.
Christian Hikers of the Rock an affiliate of the Rock, but people of all faiths are welcome.
DISCLAIMER: Activities this group are involved in can be risky. Every year people are hurt, maimed, and killed because they go beyond their skill and abilities, get lost due to lack of knowledge or preparation, get caught in weather or are unprepared with the wrong gear. Even though we have experience, we are not professional guides, we are not paid as such, we don't claim responsibility,and self responsibility is required. When you sign up for an event you are acknowledging you are solely responsible for your own safety, your own hiking ability, your own conditioning, your own preparation for the hike, and will do the necessary research to understand the conditions of the event and the gear that is required for you to have a safe event, and posses the knowledge required for a safe hike. Any founder, organizer, co-organizer, or member of Hikers for Christ of The Rock meetup can not be held liable for any injury, no matter how major or minor, no matter what the circumstances. Anyone who hikes in the mountains with our group should have their own medical insurance. So sign up and stay safe!
Waiver automatically accepted and agreed to with Christian Hikers Meetup of The Rock membership.Find full waiver of liability on "Pages" portion of this webpage.
The Christian Hikers Meetup of the Rock, referred to from here on as CHM:
Acknowledgement of Risk and Release of Liability
I wish to become a member of The CHM and/or participate in activities, events or trips partially or wholly sponsored, organized, directed, conducted, or paid for by The CHM, including its employees, agents, volunteers, instructors and members (collectively "the CHM"). In exchange for the ability to join and/or participate in such activities, events or trips ("CHM Activities"), by my/our signature on (and/or clicking on the CHM webpage to agree to) this Acknowledgement of Risk and Release of Liability ("Release") I/we hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree for myself/ourselves and my/our heirs, estate, insurers, successors and assigns as follows:
1. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I understand that any and all CHM Activities may be hazardous and may result in severe injury, loss, damage, or death. I understand that I am solely responsible for my own safety, and for taking every precaution to provide for my safety and well-being, while participating in CHM Activities. I understand that my skills will be challenged during CHM Activities. I understand that I am solely responsible for assuring that my physical conditioning, skills and equipment are adequate for me to participate safely in CHM Activities. I understand that the CHM has no obligation to provide medical care, and has not undertaken the responsibility to do so. I understand that the CHM is not a guide service. I understand that many CHM Activities are led by volunteers whose abilities, skills, equipment and actions are not independently controlled or verified by the CHM. I understand that CHM Activities involve inherent, serious risks and dangers that are impossible to know or predict, including but not limited to: narrow or nonexistent trails; rough, exposed, unstable, steep or slippery terrain; high-altitude illness; lightning; cold weather; avalanches, icefall or rockfall; wild or poisonous animals, insects or plants; dangerous river or water crossings; fires or floods; other forces of nature; equipment malfunctions or failure; extreme remoteness from medical facilities or rescue; travel by motor vehicles or other conveyance; acts or omissions by the CHM, its employees, agents, instructors, volunteers or members; and acts or omissions by other activity participants. I understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and I voluntarily and freely choose to assume such risks.
2. RELEASE FROM LIABILITY. I fully and forever release and discharge the CHM, its volunteers, employees, agents, partners, leaders, instructors, members, guides, officers, directors, representatives, owners or operators of CHM Activities, facilities, equipment and vehicles, and all others involved in CHM Activities (the "Released Parties") from any and all injuries (including death), losses, damages, claims (including negligence claims), demands, lawsuits, expenses, and any other liability of any kind, of or to me, my property, or any other person, directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with my participation in or attendance at any and all CHM Activities, including transportation related to CHM Activities, even if it is due to the negligence or other fault of the Released Parties.
3. COVENANT NOT TO SUE. I will not initiate any lawsuit, court action, or other legal proceeding against the Released Parties, nor join or assist in the prosecution of any claim for money damages which anyone may have, on account of injuries (including death), losses, or damages sustained by me or others in connection with my participation in or attendance at any or all CHM Activities, and I waive any right I may have to do so. This means that I cannot sue to hold the Released Parties responsible for any injuries, losses, or damages that I may experience related to CHM Activities, even if due to the negligence or other fault of the Released Parties. I waive my insurers' right to make a claim against the Released Parties based on payments by insurers to me or on my behalf for any reason. This means that my insurers have no right of subrogation against the Released Parties. If any portion of this Covenant Not to Sue is held to be invalid or unenforceable, I agree that the venue of any lawsuit shall be Castle Rock, Colorado, and that, irrespective of any otherwise applicable choice-of-law statute, law or provision, Colorado statutory and substantive law shall apply to any such lawsuit.
4. INDEMNITY. I will hold harmless, indemnify, and reimburse the Released Parties from and for any sums, costs, or expenses (including attorney fees) incurred by any of the Released Parties or paid by them to any person (including me or my insurers) in connection with any accident, injury (including death), loss, or damage sustained by me or others in connection with my attendance at or participation in the Activity, including transportation related to CHM Activities. This means that I will reimburse the Released Parties if anyone makes a claim against them based on injuries, losses or damages I may suffer.
5. NO INSURANCE; MEDICAL EXPENSES. I understand that the CHM and others involved in CHM Activities do not provide me with any insurance, including life, medical, motor vehicle, or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, loss, or damage that may arise in connection with my participation in or attendance at any CHM Activities. If I want insurance of any kind, I must obtain my own insurance. I will pay my own medical emergency expenses and all subsequent medical expenses associated with any illness, accident, or injury in connection with any CHM Activities.
6. VALIDITY. I intend this Release to apply in connection with any CHM Activities at any time and anywhere in the world. I agree that my clicking on the acceptance button on the CHM web page constitutes my acceptance of this Release with the same force and effect as if I were to sign a printed copy of this Release. If family membership is applied for, I agree that my clicking on the acceptance button on the CHM web page constitutes the agreement of each adult family member to all of the terms and conditions of this Release. I further understand and agree that payment of CHM dues constitutes additional, independent acceptance of all of the terms of this Release. I further understand and agree that my signature of a printed copy of this Release is not required to give effect to my acceptance of the terms of this Release, but I will immediately provide my signature on a printed copy of this Release upon request. If any portion of this Release is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions shall nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable. This Release supersedes any oral or written statements made by or to me at any time by anyone in connection with any CHM Activities. I understand that I cannot terminate, cancel, or revoke this Release for any reason.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT AND THAT BY BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE CHRISTIAN HIKERS MEETUP, JUST BY BEING IN THE MEETUP, AND BY SIGNING ON TO ANY ACTIVITY, I AM AGREEING TO ITS TERMS WITH THE SAME FORCE AND EFFECT AS IF I WERE SIGNING IT. I UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY I AM GIVING UP MY RIGHT TO SUE OR OTHERWISE MAKE ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES. I HAVE READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT CAREFULLY.
FOR ANY MINOR (A PERSON UNDER 18 YEARS OLD), THE MINOR'S PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST ALSO READ AND AUTOMATICALLY ACCEPTS THIS WAIVER; ALL MEMBERS OF CHM AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
Parent/Guardian Release of Minor's Claims
I am applying for family membership with the CHM and am the parent or legal guardian of a minor (the "Participant"). On behalf of the Participant, myself, the Participant's parents or guardians, heirs, estate, insurers, assigns and anyone else who may make any claim for or on behalf of the Participant, I hereby irrevocably and unconditionally:
1. Agree to all of the terms of the above Acknowledgment of Risk and Release of Liability ("Release"). I understand and agree that all provisions of the Release, including but not limited to the Covenant Not to Sue and the Validity clauses, are incorporated herein by reference and apply to this Parent/Guardian Agreement as well.
2. Agree to cause the Participant to comply with the terms of the above Release, and to review with the minor the risks and understandings set forth in the "Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risk" paragraph above prior to the minor's participation in any CHM Activities.
3. Agree not to take any actions that would assist or cause the Participant to invalidate, renounce, negate, revoke, or disclaim any part of the Release.
4. Agree to hold harmless, indemnify, and reimburse the Released Parties described in the Release from and for any sums, costs, or expenses (including attorney fees) incurred by any of the Released Parties or paid by any of them to any person (including the Participant or insurers) in connection with any accident, injury (including death), loss, or damage arising out of the Participant's attendance at or participation in any CHM Activities (as defined in the Release), including transportation related to the CHM Activities.
5. Authorize and permit the CHM, its employees, agents, volunteers, instructors and members to administer first aid to the Participant, emergency transportation, and any other medical treatment performed by physicians, paramedics, and other medical personnel, in the event of any illness, accident or injury to the Participant during or in CHM Activities.
I HAVE READ THIS PARENT/GUARDIAN RELEASE OF MINOR'S CLAIMS AND THE PRECEDING ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CAREFULLY. I FULLY UNDERSTAND THEIR CONTENTS AND I VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO THEIR TERMS.
4,491 Socially Adventurous
3,422 weekend hikers
515 Adult Athletes
1,839 Christian friends
4,927 Family Members