addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 293
Lilith is one of our five Rising gods of the modern West. This thread is intended as a place to post sources of information about Lilith. If you're aware of any good books about Lilith, please tell us about them here. If you're aware of any good websites about Lilith, please post the links here. Also, if you have a favorite prayer or chant to Lilith, or a favorite poem about Lilith, please call our attention to it here (without violating copyright, please).

One good source is the Lilith Shrine website, containing information about both the historical Lilith and the modern Lilith.

Recently at a meeting, Sarah Harper mentioned The Invocation of Lilith, a rite to summon the "Lilith egregore".

Tonight I attended a talk by M. Kelley Hunter on the Four Liliths at an astrology group meeting. I'm not into astrology, but the talk was interesting, with a lot of info about literary and artistic portrayals of Lilith. Kelley Hunter is the author of a book, Living Lilith: Four Dimensions of the Cosmic Feminine, which might be worth having as a reference book.
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 302
Unfortunately, I was unable to attend a recent meeting­ of the NY Mythology Group at which, again, the guest speaker was M. Kelley Hunter, author of Living Lilith: Four Dimensions of the Cosmic Feminine.
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 304
P.S.: Of course, I reject the idea that there is such a thing as "the cosmic feminine" (or "the cosmic masculine"). Gender pertains only to the more complex forms of life here on Earth, and not, as far as we know, to anything else, except symbolically.

Even astrology is not genuinely cosmic. The fixed stars play only a very limited role in astrology. Most astrology is done in terms of the tropical zodiac (defined in terms of the relative position of Sun and Earth, and in terms of the Earth's tilt relative to its orbit aroumd the Sun), NOT the sidereal zodiac (constellations). Thus, even astrology really is Earth-centered, not cosmic. (I'm not into astrology at the present time, but did study it quite a bit in my late teens.)

It also seems to me that Lilith Herself, who despises traditional patriarchal gender roles, would not appreciate being pigeonholed as just part of "the cosmic feminine."

Nevertheless, M. Kelley Hunter has gathered together lots of interesting historical information.
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 321
The Lilith Fair (women's music festival) has been revived, and its tour will include a stop in New York sometime during 2010. No date set yet.

Regarding Lilith more generally, I just now came across Archangel Mi'kails dedication to Lilith, a personal website which also lists some other sites dedicated to Lilith.

Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 338
A "Lilith devotional" is expected to be published sometime during the early part of 2010, according to this thread on the message board of the Lilith Shrine.
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 345
I just now came across the following:

Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 346
Some good online resources on Lilith:

I came across these on the links page of The Lilith Institute, a feminist women's spirituality webiste.

Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 350
Here's another interesting website: The Lilith Temple Society. It contains a page with a bunch of historical claims that should be researched further. (I suspect that many of them are at best controversial.)
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 351
There is now a new local group devoted to Lilith. Note that it is not a Satanist group and will not hold rituals invoking Satan. But it welcomes people of all polytheistic and occult paths (including polytheistic Satanists) who revere Lilith and who are willing to respect each other's paths.
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 355
I just now came across an ad for a (music) band called Born of Lilith.