addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Ciao, Amici D’Italia – Central Florida Italian Culture Club Message Board › amici che possono aiutare

amici che possono aiutare

Damiano
user 52562502
Orlando, FL
Post #: 1
Scutate ho ricevuto un messaggio da una mi a mica che dice una ragazza italiana andata a orlando per lavoro ha subito un incidente ed e' in coma in ospedale, i genitori sono arrivati ma non parlano inglese ed hanno bisogno di aiuto, non conosco nessuno ad orlando che possa aiutarli. E' ricoverata al LAKELAND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER. Se qualcuno ha un contatto con qualche associazione li ad orlando per favore fatemelo sapere cosi posso riferire.
Grazie amici.
Romeo
user 9333190
North Miami Beach, FL
Post #: 35
"I received a message from a friend, telling me an Italian girl went to orlando for work and she suffered an accident. she is in a coma in the LAKELAND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER hospital. Her parents have arrived but do not speak English, and need help."

"If you know anyone near Lakeland that could help them, or If anyone has a contact with some association to please let me know so I can relate.
Thank you friends. Damiano - My cell is (352)871-0786. "
Damiano
user 52562502
Orlando, FL
Post #: 2
Grazie Romeo
Marina
user 10451562
Winter Springs, FL
Post #: 3
Hello all,

the news has been verified. Giulia Bottacin, a girl from Veneto, was working at Disney. She got in a car accident at the end of her stay and is now in a coma at the Lakeland Hospital. Her family is here but they don't speak English. They are having trouble communicating with the medical staff and the police. The medical coverage for Giulia expires on the 20th of February. There is a fundraiser going on in Italy and one here. See

http://www.youcaring....­
Marina
user 10451562
Winter Springs, FL
Post #: 4
Damiano:

a friend told me that the hospital should be requested to provide them with an interpreter. Additionally, they should contact the Italian Consulate in Miami, (305) 374-6322 if they haven't yet.
Damiano
user 52562502
Orlando, FL
Post #: 3
Ecco come vanno le cose.......

http://www.youcaring....­
Ed
user 8152981
Orlando, FL
Post #: 46
The financial assistance policies for the Lakeland Regional Medical Center are quite liberal. Check them out here: http://lrmc.com/patie...­

Has anyone tried to assist the family in obtaining it? Would Giuglia/they qualify?

I will volunteer to spend some time with the family at the hospital to assist them in translation; maybe we can form a "tag team" so they have someone available from our group at all times.
Damiano
user 52562502
Orlando, FL
Post #: 5
Roberto called me he said he went to the hospital and talked to the family.
Also Maria called me offering accomodation.
I told them and left phone numbers.
Joann
user 3061681
Winter Springs, FL
Ciao a tutti,

I am trying to keep in contact with Daniela, Giulia's mom and here is the lastest news from her:
grazie Joann la prego di sospendere ricerche x nostro alloggio in quanto quando forse fra 3 o 4 giorni giulia verrà dimessa dovrà essere portata in un centro di riabilitazione che non sarà qui a lakeland ma non si sa dove. quindi finché non sapremo nuova destinazione abbiamo trovato attraverso
il consolato un alloggio a un prezzo molto basso. tengo comunque in considerazione il suo aiuto non appena sapremo dove giulia vera portata.
di nuovo molte grazie per quello che ha fatto e ci sentiamo presto. un abbraccio daniela

Millie grazie to all of my Amici D'Italia friends for all of their support and help. You are the best. Joann
rodger s.
user 63537182
Orlando, FL
Hello everyone. I visited Giulia Bottacin and her parents today at the long term care facility in Land O'Lands, Fl. Some very good news. The Italian Government is sending a airplane ambulance to pick up Giulia and her parents, and bring her home. She has improved to the point where she no longer is attached to life sustaining equipment. I arrived shortly after they received the good news. Giulia does look around, but still is not responsive. Continue keeping her in your prayers. Rodger