Please call Ted @ [masked] prior to 7 PM Friday if you will be arriving after 7 PM to Great American Ballpark.
This is an update on the 30+ Catholic Singles outing to Great American Ballpark Friday evening for the 7:10 pm game between the Reds and Pittsburgh Pirates.
Today, Monday July 30, I purchased 33 tickets for the game for those who had RSVPd by Sunday evening July 29 and for the 10 or so people who contacted me via cell phone or email. The Reds were out of the cheapest $12.00 tickets. However, I was able to purchase $20.00 seats for $14.00 per ticket without paying the $5.00 service charge since I purchased them thru Group Sales at the Great American Ballpark. If you can afford to pay the extra $2.00 per ticket that would be helpful since our group receives no financial assistance from the church. If you cannot afford to pay the extra $2.00 per ticket, please join us, since I don't want anyone to miss out on what should be a nice enjoyable evening.
Our seats are in a great location in section 517, rows J, K, L, seats 1-11. This section of seats is above 3rd base with a great view of the field, scoreboard and a direct view of right field where the post-game fireworks will be fired off. If you open this webpage http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp, section 517 is to the right of what is called the notch at the ballpark.
- You can meet me between 6:30-7:00 pm on Friday evening just outside the entrance to the Reds Team Shop which is to the right of the Main Entrance into Great American Ballpark. I am about 5 feet 11 inches, average weight and will be wearing a red shirt on Friday evening.
- If you cannot make it by 7:00 pm on Friday, please call me on my cell phone at [masked] and we will make other arrangements.
- For those who have not attended a Reds game recently, the Reds allow fans to bring water and soft drinks into the ballpark in un-opened plastic containers in small soft-sided coolers. You are also allowed to carry in peanuts, chips and other snacks. I have also seen people walk in with sandwiches from Penn Station and Subway.
- I was asked about parking but don't have any great recommendations except that the closer you park to the ballpark, then the more expensive parking will be.
- I suggest you give yourself extra time Friday to get to the ballpark and find a parking spot. With the Reds in first place and the Pirates close behind in second place, I am sure the ballpark will be sold out on Friday evening.
Following the game will be a display of Fireworks for Friday Night Fireworks http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cin.