Ciné Arts Cleveland! Message Board › Advance Tickets Suggested - To Kill A Mockingbird / Cinémathèque

Advance Tickets Suggested - To Kill A Mockingbird / Cinémathèque

Bill J.
Bill.Johnson
Group Organizer
Chagrin Falls, OH

If you were considering joining us for this film, you should purchase tickets NOW!  This is expected to be a sell-out.

Mary Badham, "Scout" in TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, comes next week
Mary Badham, who played “Scout” Finch in the beloved 1962 film version of Harper Lee’s TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, will appear in person on Friday, November 9 at 7 pm. Badham, who was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her performance, will answer audience questions.  The screening celebrates the 50th anniversary of this landmark movie.  It will be shown in a 35mm print from the Universal Pictures studio archive.

Tickets cost $20; Cinematheque members and those with CIA I.D.’s $15. Advance tickets can be purchased at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/284785­.

If any seats remain on Nov.9, $10 tickets for those age 25 & under will go on sale at the Cinematheque box office starting at 6:00 pm (cash/check only).

Robert Mulligan’s film stars Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch, a widowed Alabama lawyer in Depression-era Alabama. Finch’s two young children, Jem (Phillip Alford) and Scout (Badham), witness prejudice and racial hatred firsthand when their father defends an innocent black man in an inflammatory rape case. Peck won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his iconic portrayal. Ten-year-old Badham became the youngest Best Supporting Actress nominee up to that time. Ironically, she lost the statuette to another child performer, 16-year-old Patty Duke in THE MIRACLE WORKER.
Ruthanne
user 65178962
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 3
Bill,
Thank you for the heads up. I just purchased my ticket and am looking forward to another great meet up
Ruthanne