addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Ciné Arts Cleveland! Message Board › CONFIRMING DINNER RESERVATIONS for SATURDAY - LA VOCE DELLA LUNA

CONFIRMING DINNER RESERVATIONS for SATURDAY - LA VOCE DELLA LUNA

Bill J.
Bill.Johnson
Group Organizer
Chagrin Falls, OH
­LA VOCE DELLA LUNA (1990) - Cinémathèque / Gusto! Little Italy — July 6, 2013

Ciao amici!
Just a quick reminder about your RSVP for the film and dinner/discussion this Saturday evening.
Please arrive early and check-in before the film.  I will be there at 4:30 p.m. just outside the auditorium entrance up until 15 minutes before show time (5 p.m.).  I will be wearing a dark blue baseball cap with a white ‘B’ initial (Benedictine not Boston!).  If you need to reach me by text – 440.247.1987.  The bell will be turned off before and during the film so a text message will be best.
Then inside the theater, I will select seats in the upper stadium area up several rows from the aisle in the center.  Those are the best.   Sit where you like but I will try to save a few for early arrivals.  If we have volunteers who could come early and help hold seats that would be great.
After the closing credits, I will once again be right outside the auditorium to help with directions to GUSTO! if that would be helpful.  Parking information is below the RSVP list.
If this is your first time at CIA - a word about Closing Credits – most Cinematheque patrons are quite serious about film.  We normally remain seated during the closing credits to enjoy the music and scan the screen for persons we may know.  Please don’t jump up and rush out of the theater or try to talk.  If you have ants in your pants then just leave quietly, please.
Please remember that I’ve made reservations for 22 at the restaurant for 7:45 p.m.  Please let me know as early as possible if you have a change in plans.  We can possibly add people if there are early cancellations, but it does become difficult if we have any no-shows resulting in empty seats at the table.
Because we have a large group at dinner and realizing that many speak Italian and may prefer to conduct the discussion in that language, we will have two tables at GUSTO!  An Italian Table hosted by Suzanne (grazi!) and one for those wishing to speak American hosted by myself.
Should you have an unforeseen event and find it necessary to cancel at the last minute, please do two things: 1. Email me directly at chagrinfalls@yahoo.com­ or text me, AND change your RSVP on the event page.  Thanks!

NO-SHOWS will be marked as such on the event page.
I have confirmations from the following for dinner:
You may update your RSVP by clicking on the green box in the upper right of the event posting to select “CHANGE RSVP.”

Dinner list (updated Tuesday, July 2nd)
Bill Johnson – 2
Charlene - 1
Pablo Cabral – 2
Fabio DiSanza – 2
Mary Elyse – 3
JoAnn Giordano - 1
Carlo Grassi – 1
David Hall – 1
Victoria Nofziger - 2
Joyce Norr – 1
Joe Sessin – 1
Justine Giannetti – 1
Suzanne – 1
Vittorio – 2
Diane Yomtov - 1

TOTAL = 22

*PARKING
* Cinematheque (Cleveland Institute of Art) – They have a free lot in the rear.  Enter off East Boulevard where the Cinematheque sign is displayed.  Please note that this is NOT the Cleveland Museum of Art.
* GUSTO!  - Mayfield Road, There is a cinder lot immediately past the railroad underpass on the left (north).  Since it will be a busy Saturday evening expect to pay a fee ($5 maybe).  GUSTO! Will have valet service as well.  You may also find limited street parking but do heed the signs and restricted parking areas.
* CAR POOLING – Some may want to share the ride to GUSTO! To reduce cost and aggravation.  Please post on the event comments and arrive at Cinematheque early to make arrangements.

For the Italian Group - Finally, I wanted to call your attention to another Italian film that you may have an interest in seeing.  We have so many films on the schedule; I thought it would be a little too much to post this as an event.  My Ciné Arts Cleveland! group will be going and you are welcome to come with us.  No need to join that group – although we’d love to have you – dinner is casual without need to RSVP.  Here are the details and a link to the event.

WHAT:  REALITY (2012)
WHEN: Friday, August 2nd at 6:45 p.m.
WHERE: Cleveland Museum of Art, Morley Lecture Hall – Lower Level
PARKING:  Street or Museum Garage ($5 after 5 p.m.)
DINNER: Provenance Café from 5 p.m. (Informal - No Reservations)
Directed by Matteo Garrone. The Felliniesque new film from the director of GOMORRAH skewers reality TV. It tells of a charismatic Neapolitan fishmonger who risks everything for a shot as a contestant on the Italian version of Big Brother. “A funny, dark, razor-sharp inquiry into the metaphysics of modern fame.” –Boston Globe.  Cleveland premiere.  Italy/France, 2012, subtitles, color, Blu-ray, 116 min.
Admission is $9; CMA members, seniors 65 & over, and students $7.

REALITY (2012) - Cleveland Museum of Art / Provenance Café  (click here)

http://www.meetup.com/Cine-Arts-Cleveland/events/126073432/­