add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

City Farming NYC Meetup Message Board › Want to add rabbits to your urban farm? I've got some I'd like to give away!

Want to add rabbits to your urban farm? I've got some I'd like to give away!

user 4513283
New York, NY
Post #: 29
For meat, or for pets and fertilizer machines....I've got six 6-week old New Zealand (broken and albino) kits that need homes ASAP. My backyard farm is being uprooted and I've got to thin out my herd a bit. I also have an older 12 week old male Chinchilla rabbit. Their manure is amazing and they are quiet and friendly.

You would need to provide a cage or hutch...They are yet too young to put outside but as soon as it is spring, you can put them out in a sturdy hutch and they'll be totally happy. They prefer shade and cool temperatures so keep that in mind.

I need to move the rabbits this weekend so if you are interested please get in touch immediately. My email is megan@brooklynhomesteader dot com.

For information on raising rabbits, check out this link!