align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

City Farming NYC Meetup Message Board › Apply Now: 2012 Manhattan Community-Scale Composting Grant

Apply Now: 2012 Manhattan Community-Scale Composting Grant

Gregory A.
user 35868722
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Apply Now: 2012 Manhattan Community-Scale Composting Grant

Dear Friend:

Neighborhood composting programs are a top priority in my campaign to create sustainable food systems in New York City. With that in mind, I am proud to announce that for the second year I am partnering with the Manhattan Solid Waste Advisory Board (SWAB) and Citizens Committee of New York City to offer grants for community, small-scale composting initiatives.

Under the program, grants of up to $750 will be awarded in 2012 to community groups to start or grow neighborhood composting programs. Groups eligible for funding include community associations, community gardens, friends of park groups, housing development organizations, nonprofits, public schools, colleges and universities, hospitals and private businesses.

For more information and application materials, please visit www.mbpo.org/composting or contact Saleen Shah at the Citizens Committee for New York City at sshah-at-citizensnyc.org/212.822.9566. All proposals must be submitted by March 19, 2012. Please feel free to forward this information to any groups that may be interested in this grant program.

I applaud the Manhattan SWAB and Citizens Committee for their continued commitment and work to make our city more green and sustainable. Offering these grants to innovative and far-sighted composting programs will help ensure that the people who call Manhattan home will have a healthy and environmentally responsible future.

Sincerely,

Scott M. Stringer
Manhattan Borough President

Forward this message to a friend

Office of the Manhattan Borough President
Municipal Building: One Centre Street, 19 Floor, New York, NY 10007 • Tel: 212-669-8300 • Fax: 212-669-4306
Northern Manhattan Office: 163 West 125th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10027 • Tel: 212-531-1609 • Fax: 212-531-4615