addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

City Farming NYC Meetup Message Board › Seedlings needed for Flock House project

Seedlings needed for Flock House project

Mary M.
user 49712882
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hi,

I'm looking for seedlings that could be donated for my project, Flock House, an urban sustainable living system. A few of mine have died, and I need to replace them. If you have a few, that would be great!

Thank you,
Mary Mattingly
Heather
hwja_wi
New York, NY
Post #: 121
Anything in particular that you're looking for ?
Mary M.
user 49712882
New York, NY
Post #: 2
We're looking for anything edible.
Natalie
user 9256008
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 31
Mary:

I would like to know a little more about Flock House, and what kind of sustainable system is it? Is it an eco-machine system and/or sub-irrigated.

I may know people who would help you with seedlings depending on what you're doing.
Mary M.
user 49712882
New York, NY
Post #: 3
Each Flock House has its own irrigation system based on rain collection, with a collection tank and purification system to water the plants, which are planted within beds on the structure itself.

Here is the project website, www.flockhouse.org, which goes into great detail. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Becky L
user 10034950
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Wow, this project looks awesome! I have some extra seedlings you are more than welcome to have, all edible. Several watermelon and a few pepper and egglplant starts. Contact me off-list at blaughner at gmail dot com if you're interested.

-Becky