addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

City Farming NYC Meetup Message Board › Help! There are sparrows nesting under the siding of my home :-(

Help! There are sparrows nesting under the siding of my home :-(

user 10130881
Flushing, NY
Post #: 114
Fellow City Farmers,

Having a garden full of worms, berries, and plants going to seed has meant an increase in birds...but I don't want them nesting under the siding. What should I do? Has anyone else dealt with this problem?

user 10130881
Flushing, NY
Post #: 121
The sparrows were successfully evicted prior to egg laying. Whew!

We stuffed some pieces of a blanket from the cat's bed into the openings while the sparrows were out foraging. After waiting long enough to be sure there weren't any sparrows inside, we sealed the holes permanently. Simply using cat scent was better than hiring an exterminator.

Thank you to everyone who emailed me with suggestions.