Due to high demand, we have another Caring and Sharing Project!!
We will prepare, serve, and clean up dinner for families who are staying at the Ronald McDonald House at Mercy Hospital. The facility has plenty of equipment, we just bring in the groceries and prepare the meal on site.
Most of these families will have missed celebrations for the 4th of July, so we are serving a 4th of July menu that includes the following:
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Potato Salad
- Baked Beans
- Cole Slaw
- Slow-Cooked Green Beans w/Bacon and Onions
- Sauteed Summer Squash and Tomatoes
- Judy's Cheesecake Pies
Because our menu has slow-cooked items and items that need to be prepared and chilled, we will have two food preparation times.
1) 10:30 AM - Linda Walker and I will shop for groceries on Saturday morning, and meet everyone in the main lobby (off of Cherokee) at 10:30 am. We could use some help carrying groceries to the sixth floor, and will also need help preparing most of the dishes at that time.
2) 5:00 PM - We will finalize the food preparation, and set up a buffet style serving area so that our guests can help themselves.
Please let me know if you plan to be at both food preparation times, or at only one of the prep times.
Dinner will be served at 6:15 - 6:30 pm, and we will have fellowship with the families during the meal. Afterwards, we will stay for clean up.
If you care to make a donation toward groceries, please see Allen or Bianca at one of the Friday night dinners prior to the event. Currently, we plan to serve 25 family members, plus our volunteers. Our donations currently total $49.
Due to space constraints, this meetup is limited to 10 participants. If the event is full, do not hesitate to RSVP to the waiting list. We will work you in if an opening occurs.