Do you see a lot of movies at Kendall Square Cinema, the Brattle Theater, Coolidge Corner, West Newton? Are you unphased by subtitles? Do you prefer good acting and an engaging story to car chases, gun battles, zombie luaus, and explosions? Would you rather see Bogart and Bacall, Tracy and Hepburn, Olivier and Leigh, or Hopkins and Thompson, than Cruise and Lohan? Do you look forward to meeting other film fans, and even getting to talk about the movies, as much as actually seeing them?
Then this MeetUp is for you!
Each meeting will be to see a film, sometimes (at the members' discretion) to be followed by a meal or a drink, over which we can discuss the film--and whatever else comes to mind. :) Note that ANY group member can convene a showing. And films need not be restricted to the Brattle, the Kendall, or even a Cambridge cinema at all!
Conveners are responsible for:
1. Choosing a film and showtime.
2. If there is going to be food and/or drink that day, the convener should also suggest a reasonably priced venue near the cinema.
To help make each Meetup of this group be a success, members are responsible for:
1. Keeping their RSVP status current.
2. Deciding on a place to meet at the theater before the movie.
3. Bringing cash to any eatery. It makes paying the bill in a group SO much easier!