addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Classic Literature and Cafes Book Club Message Board › Jane Austen and also anything lighter?

Jane Austen and also anything lighter?

John G.
user 5615868
Oakland, CA
Post #: 2
I'm a certified Jane Austen fanatic. I read and re-read her works periodically. Would anyone be interested in meeting to discuss her works? Perhaps Emma? It might also be fun to discuss it in light of the movie "Clueless," which is based on the plot of Emma. Perhaps we could watch a short clip or two from "Clueless" on a laptop computer and discuss it ?

I'm a lover of literature, and not averse to the "heavier," more profound, more difficult writers, i.e., Faulkner, Pynchon, Joyce, etcetera, at all. I love them, seriously.

But would anyone be interested in meeting to discuss something a bit on the lighter side, perhaps something more humorous? One idea that occurs to me is "Midsummer Night's Dream," which is a hilarious play. Suggestions?

~~~john~~~
A former member
Post #: 17
Sounds like a great idea. I have Pride and Prejudice saved on my Kobo, i'd love to bring that and discuss the book further. Clueless was one of my all time favourite films, while growing up so this discussion is sure to be engaging.