Please indicate Dinner, Pre-Concert Talk, or Concert Only in your RSVP.
An all Czech program; perfect timing since I just came back from there =).
Am a huge fan of Music at Kohl Mansion. Seats are first come first serve by getting a number when you arrive, and getting into the Great Hall by Southwest Airline boarding style. Getting the "right" seats makes a difference in the acoustics for the discerning ear. Visually and for the intimate experience this location brings, there are no "bad" seats.
Please note that I will no longer save seats.
Known for charismatic and extroverted performances, the Amelia Piano Trio, formed in 1999, was mentored by Isaac Stern and went on to win the Concert Artists Guild competition and an ASCAP Award for Adventurous Programming. While busy on American concert stages, the trio dedicates a substantial amount of time to educational projects, master classes, and coaching children and adults. Amelia returns to Kohl after four years' absence to introduce its much-hailed new pianist, Andrew Armstrong.
*Event fee reminder:
This is NOT related to your tix purchase. So please buy tix using the link provided in the event posting if needed. Thanks!
-For non-subscribers (aka per-event fee members): $3 is due at the time of RSVP via PayPal (either you can use paypal linked through Meetup if you have done so OR paypal to my account directly at [masked])
-For subscribers (6 months @$12, 12 months @$24): You are FREE!! Just send me a quick email with any event you want to attend, then I will enter you manually on RSVP & credit you as "paid". Otherwise you'll be forced to pay $3 event fee via PayPal. Thanks for your patience!:)
For more info please read meetup fee & refund policy: http://www.meetup.com/Classical-Music-Friends-in-the-Bay-Area/pages/About_your_fee_and_refund_policy_%28revised%29
When ya gotta be there:
- Pre-Concert Talk: 6PM, doors open at 5:45pm
- Concert: 7PM
Where ya gotta be:
- Pre-Concert Talk @ Library @ Kohl Mansion
- Please write "Pre-Concert" in you RSVP
- Concert @ Great Hall @ Kohl Mansion
- Please write "Concert Only" in you RSVP
- During intermission & reception, behind the last row of seats (towards the food area) on the left side
How much ya gotta shell out:
Details so ya know what ya gettin yourself into:
- Dinner - There's a complimentary reception with wine after the concert where you can mingle with the musicians. During intermission, there's also water and snacks.
- Pre-concert meal (early, to get to the venue when it opens its doors at 5:45) @ ... will update if others are interested.
Please write "Dinner" in you RSVP.
- Pre-Concert Talk at 6 pm with Kai Christiansen
- Dvorak, Trio in E minor, Op. 90, Dumky
- Janacek, Violin Sonata
- Smetana, Trio in G minor, Op. 15