Last one for the season! The previous concert was AWESOME.
Please indicate Dinner, Pre-Concert Talk, or Concert Only in your RSVP.
Am a huge fan of Music at Kohl Mansion. Seats are first come first serve by getting a number when you arrive, and getting into the Great Hall by Southwest Airline boarding style. Getting the "right" seats makes a difference in the acoustics for the discerning ear. Visually and for the intimate experience this location brings, there are no "bad" seats.
Please note that I will no longer save seats.
Versatile American pianist Anne-Marie McDermott has performed in hundreds of cities throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia over more than twenty-five years. She performs and tours extensively with the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, enjoys a long-standing duo collaboration with highly acclaimed violinist Nadja Salerno Sonnenberg, is a member of the renowned piano quartet, Opus One, and of the McDermott Trio, with her two sisters. Ms. McDermott regularly performs at Festivals across the country including Spoleto, Mainly Mozart, Sante Fe, La Jolla Summerfest, Mostly Mozart, Newport, Caramoor, Bravo, Chamber Music Northwest, Aspen, Music from Angelfire, and the Festival Casals in Puerto Rico. A testimony to her stature and curatorial imagination, she was made Artistic Director of the Vail Music Festival in 2011. She is also Artistic Director of the Ocean Reef Chamber Music Festival (FL) and The Avila Chamber Music Celebration in Curacao. Most recently, she was appointed Curator for Chamber Music at the Mainly Mozart Festival in San Diego. Ms. McDermott is joined by the Alexander String Quartet for a program that includes works by Mozart, Haydn and Schumann.
*Event fee reminder:
This is NOT related to your tix purchase. So please buy tix using the link provided in the event posting if needed. Thanks!
-For non-subscribers (aka per-event fee members): $3 is due at the time of RSVP via PayPal (either you can use paypal linked through Meetup if you have done so OR paypal to my account directly at [masked])
-For subscribers (6 months @$12, 12 months @$24): You are FREE!! Just send me a quick email with any event you want to attend, then I will enter you manually on RSVP & credit you as "paid". Otherwise you'll be forced to pay $3 event fee via PayPal. Thanks for your patience!:)
For more info please read meetup fee & refund policy: http://www.meetup.com/Classical-Music-Friends-in-the-Bay-Area/pages/About_your_fee_and_refund_policy_%28revised%29
When ya gotta be there:
- Pre-Concert Talk: 6PM, doors open at 5:45pm
- Concert: 7PM
Where ya gotta be:
- Pre-Concert Talk @ Library @ Kohl Mansion
- Please write "Pre-Concert" in you RSVP
- Concert @ Great Hall @ Kohl Mansion
- Please write "Concert Only" in you RSVP
- During intermission & reception, behind the last row of seats (towards the food area) on the left side
How much ya gotta shell out:
Details so ya know what ya gettin yourself into:
- Dinner - There's a complimentary reception with wine after the concert where you can mingle with the musicians. During intermission, there's also water and snacks.
- Pre-concert meal (early, to get to the venue when it opens its doors at 5:45) @ ... will update if others are interested.
Please write "Dinner" in you RSVP.
- Pre-Concert Talk at 6 pm with Kai Christiansen
- Mozart: Piano Concerto K.449 in E-flat Major
- Haydn: Piano Sonata Hob. XVI:50 in C Major
- Schumann: Piano Quintet in E-flat Major