One of the best chamber music experience in the Bay Area, it's Music at Kohl!
Described as “the most gifted young pianist of her generation” with a “million-volt stage presence” pianist Joyce Yang has established herself as one of the leading artists of today. A 2005 Van Cliburn International Competition Silver Medalist, she is the 2010 recipient of an Avery Fisher Career Grant, one of classical music’s most prestigious accolades. She joins the Alexander String Quartet in her Kohl debut, to offer a sneak preview of their joint CD to be released later this fall.
Honorary Chairs of last year’s MAKM 30th Anniversary Season, the Alexander String Quartet has performed in the major music capitals of five continents, securing its standing among the world’s premier ensembles. A major artistic presence in its home base of San Francisco, the quartet’s members serve as directors of the Morrison Chamber Music Center at San Francisco State University and Ensemble in Residence of San Francisco Performances.
And... Free food and drinks (wine) after the concert!
*Event fee reminder:
NO EVENT FEE! - If you are a no-show, you will be kicked out of the group
When ya gotta be there:
• Dinner: 4 PM
• Pre-concert talk: 6 PM
• Concert: 7 PM
Where ya gotta be:
• Please write "Dinner" in your RSVP and I'll update with details as the date nears
• Copenhagen Bakery: 1216 Burlingame Ave. Burlingame, CA 94010
• Please write "Concert Only" in your RSVP
• We will meet during intermission in the lobby by the front door after getting snacks
How much ya gotta shell out:
Tickets: Order online or Call (650)[masked]
Details so ya know what ya gettin yourself into:
- Schumann: Fantasiestücke, Op. 12
- Britten: String Quartet No. 2, Op. 36
- Brahms: Piano Quintet in F minor, Op. 34
Pre-concert talk: Well worth coming early to!
Seating: First come first serve.