Classical Music Concerts Message Board › Attention Classical Music Lovers

Attention Classical Music Lovers

Daniel B.
GamerBach
Group Organizer
Brighton, MI
Hi All!  Soo.... This group has been a little inactive, but I intend to change that!
I had been very busy, but my schedule has freed up a bit recently so I intend to create more events, but here's the deal.
When this group was first created, it was for DSO concerts.  I thought that was a little limiting, so I changed the name to classical music concerts, since the DSO isn't the only show in town.

Classical Music is all around us, and there are tons of events, soooooo... not only is there DSO, but there's youth orchestras, Birmingham Bloomfield, Ann Arbor, Rochester, all with their respective orchestras, not to mention many opportunities to see amazing chamber music.

Now with all that in mind, I need some volunteers.  I didn't host any events in October because, to be honest, I was too busy to do anything in October, no joke.  If anything like that happens to me again, that shouldn't hinder any of you from getting together and forming a meetup event on your own, so thus, I need volunteers who would like to host events of cool concerts they would like to attend and with other avid classical fans.  Just let me know you would like to host something, and I'll make sure to delegate everything you need to make it happen.  We have 100 members strong, and I know they've been itching to hang out and see some amazing classical music together, so let's make it happen!

For example, this weekend is Mahler 4, anyone want to host that?  Just let me know!
But anyway, BIG ANNOUNCEMENT, I have created an event for November 17th, for the sunday afternoon orhcestra concert.  It's virtuoso Liszt, and they are playing les preludes, concerto 1, and then also the bartok concerto for orchestra, which is a pretty cool piece if you ask me, and I highly recommend it especially if you've never heard it before, bartok as always has a very interesting sound to him, and this is considered his greatest work.

Look forward to seeing you all at future events. :-D
A former member
Post #: 21
Daniel if you have taken over this group you need to have your contact information active so we can contact you!!!! Also you need to visit the site once in a while so you can see that there is a posted suggestion which you could approve for the group but you don't know because you haven't looked! Taking over Meetup group does not mean just taking over and doing nothing we want someone who will actually lead the group! I hope you get this and look at the Meetup I suggested I think some of the members might enjoy it!
Jim S.
user 129471012
Detroit, MI
Post #: 1
Thank you for this group for classical music