addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Classic Literature Book Club Message Board › Classic Literature Book Club Etiquette ;)

Classic Literature Book Club Etiquette ;)

Chris K.
ChrisKubica
Group Organizer
Carrboro, NC
Greetings, all,
I know this is a free Meetup, but I'd like to request a few things from members to make my life easier and events enjoyable for everyone:
1. Last-minute emergencies withstanding, please only RSVP as "Going" if you are 100% sure you'll attend. As organizer, one of the greatest challenges is finding venues. When there are 25 RSVPs (like tonight) I reserve a space that's large enough to accommodate a group of that size. Then when only 11 people show up (like tonight) or there are many last-minute cancelations (at which time a venue change is not polite or practical), it is frustrating/embarrassing that I booked the large Flyleaf Books meeting space when in fact everyone could have fit in my living room.
2. If you plan to speak (which isn't required, of course) during Meetup, please read at least some of the book.
Thanks for reading and see you soon!
Warmly (Truly!),
Chris
Organizer