Cleveland CocoaHeads Message Board › July Meeting cancelled - Give camp and MMM
Three quick announcements:
(1) Sorry to announce that the July meeting has been cancelled.
The speaker had to cancel and no one was able to prepare a talk for this week's meeting.
I am trying to get details about the August meeting and will send them out as soon as I know.
(2) Andy mentioned http://clevelandgivec... at our last meeting. Please check out the website and consider spending the weekend helping out with this great cause.
(3) Sam Chan contacted us and asked us to pass on info about the Mobile Moves Michigan event in Detroit on July 30 and 31. I know nothing about this event but Sam sent the following:
The WIPJam "Day for Developers" will take place on Monday, July 30 and feature Unpanels, Storytellers and more. WIPJams are popular all over the world as interactive unconferences. Since 2008, WIP has hosted 17 WIPJams and thousands of developers on four continents. WIPJam is where the best mobile developers meet key leaders of the mobile ecosystem. Attendees will interact with and learn from speakers, device companies, platform vendors, tool companies and fellow participants. WIPJams are strict about: No PPT, No Panels, No Ties!
The Muther! of all Hackathons will begin the afternoon of July 30 and go for 24 hours. It features master tech classes, expert tables, great hack categories and fabulous prizes. Here's what developers can expect at the Hackathon:
• 24 hours of coding
• Master Tech classes to get a deep dive on tools, platforms, APIs
• Expert tables for hands-on technical advice
• Opportunity to create an app and pitch it to win prizes: devices, cash, t-shirts and more
• Refreshments to keep energized, motivated and going all night.
The WIPJam + Muther! Hackathon is sponsored by international companies that want to connect with mobile developers. Sponsors include Microsoft, NOOK Developer (Barnes & Noble), Snapdragon by Qualcomm Developer program, BlackBerry and Red Hat Inc. Thousands of dollars in hackathon prizes, donated by these sponsors, will be given out during the Hackathon.
More information at: