add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Cleveland Czech Social Meetup Group Message Board › Living in the Czech Republic

Living in the Czech Republic

Nora R.
user 70360852
Chagrin Falls, OH
Post #: 2
We started discussing "culture shock" yesterday. Many of you have lived (I do not mean vacationed) in the Czech Republic. I would like to start with a question about housing. In a typical Cleveland home, we have 3 bedrooms, closets, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and a garage.

What is a typical house like in the Czech Republic?

What would I have to give up? What would I gain?
Tereza M.
user 68708372
Chagrin Falls, OH
Post #: 3
That is a good question, Ellie. We will be talking about this topic on one of our meetings in the future.
A lot of people choose to live in the smaller apartments and flats in the middle of the Czech towns. Their standard and quality vary. You see some beautiful, luxurious and spacious ones, as well as the other ones... The houses are usually located in the city suburbs and in the villages. The typical Czech home is less formal ( you will not find a formal living or dining room in most of the homes there. Czech houses are often surrounded with beautiful flower gardens and organic vegetable gardens. People usually knows their neighbors very well. We will talk more about housing with the group soon :)