The Cleveland Poker Meetup Group Message Board CPMG & Poker Forum › Tournament of Champions - December 8th

Tournament of Champions - December 8th

John U
Ghoulardi
Columbus, OH
Post #: 2,762
The points race is over, and the invites have been sent. The TOC is ready to produce the toughest final table of the year.

I will upload the master list of all points earned in spreadsheet form to the Files section shortly. Please double-check your total and alert me if there are any errors.

The following players will start with extra chips:

Data - 80,000 total

Krazy Joe - 60,000
Prowest - 60,000
Big Country - 60,000
Mike T. - 60,000

Chris O. - 50,000
Julie - 50,000
Jeff R. - 50,000
Colin M. - 50,000
Tutt - 50,000

As noted in the Event, if you cannot attend, please update your RSVP.

Special Exception for this Tournament: If we have 27 players already bought in, a maximum of THREE players in the Top 10 in points may buy in late.

The reason for this rule is so a player doesn't have a year's worth of results wiped out because they were 5 minutes late, or couldn't be on time due to real life circumstances. This exception is NOT a luxury, please do not use it if you don't need it.
John U
Ghoulardi
Columbus, OH
Post #: 2,774
28 Players - $500 Added

1st - Marc S. - $1,350

2nd - Hiphop - $850
3rd - Julie - $550
4th - Linda - $350
5th - Mike T. - $200

Bubble - Jimmy Bunch
7th - Leastbest
8th - Robert R.
9th - Jack T-Way

Final Table Bubble - Chris O.
First Out - Brad L.

Train Wreck Update:

- 3-handed, blinds 2k/8k/16k. Hiphop & Julie get 1,000,000 chips in preflop with AK vs AK. Hiphop makes running diamonds for the knockout flush.

And don't play Jacks!!
John U
Ghoulardi
Columbus, OH
Post #: 2,775
Good news: The Points Race portion of this tournament was a big success, and we will run it again for 2013. Qualifying tournaments will run Friday, January 4th through November 30th. I will post a formal announcement including any rule changes (unlikely) during the holidays.

Bad news: This structure FAILED. Badly. A tournament this important, with 11 months of results leading up to it, should give the players much more postflop play than a normal $30 or $40 game. Short stack play should not dominate where players finished for a game like this, but it did. The main reason was opting for 30 minute levels, instead of 20 mins with smaller level jumps and higher antes.

(The average stack dipped below 15 BBs at the 3000/6000 level with 15 players left, and never recovered)

All of you deserve and expect better. I will work to deliver just that, with greater precision.
diverjoules
diverjoules
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 1,159
Holy cow Marc. I can't wait to hear how you overcame that humungous chip lead Hippy had over you, after that million dollar hand I busted on. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Data, Thanks again for ALL YOU do. I agree the structure needs tweaking I have no doubt you will find a better one by next year. Thank you for your service, advice and friendship. You are one terrific cyborg.
hiphop
Cavemeow
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 851
1.1 milly to 180k

97 beats my Kj

920 to 360

His AA sucks out on my QJ AIPF

560 to 720

I lose like 250k with 45 vs 95 when out kicked.

His A8 ends the tourney vs my KJ
R.P. M.
itookurcash9
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 8,999
1.1 milly to 180k

97 beats my Kj

920 to 360

560 to 720

Translation?

DICED.
Cheryl
Cheryl_L
North Ridgeville, OH
Post #: 35
Congratulations Marc!
prowest
prowest
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 203
Nice job Marc...congratulations!!

Data, don't sweat the TOC structure...through your leadership and with all of the hosts through their generosity the CPMG has had an amazing and Super Tight year of poker. A lot of people make this happen, but it would only be a hollow shell of what it is today without your tireless and selfless contributions. Thanks for everything you do to help promote poker in this group of degenerates called the CPMG!!
Doza
doza23
North Royalton, OH
Post #: 123
It's only through learning that there is always room for improvement that makes the group better. I was very pleased with how the TOC turned out. I've been very impressed at how the cpmg continues to offer one of the best poker options in this area. Thanks to Data for developing this group to a world class level. Looking forward to 2013.
A former member
Post #: 201
1.1 milly to 180k

97 beats my Kj

920 to 360

560 to 720

Also his A8 vs My JJ 7 handed