addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Cleveland Web Design and Development Meetup Message Board Classes › Inactive Student Accounts

Inactive Student Accounts

A former member
Dear Students and Visitors,

During our sessions in December I set up quite a number of accounts for students. These included SSH, WordPress, Databases and more. There does seem to be a greater desire on the part of many to focus on WordPress rather than digging into the hard core of PHP, MySQL, Shell scripting and other tasks. This is fine, because I am moving to a new methodology in my WordPress Network installations that allows me to run multiple Domains off of a single WordPress install. This means that those wanting to just learn WordPress present a greatly reduced overhead for my setups.

So with that in mind, I would like to clean up the SSH, Databases and such that are definitely not going to be used by students. I realize that some are using their student accounts as a testing ground for live sites, and that's just fine. You don't have to worry, I'll be leaving those running live. Of course if you want to move it to my single install, and gain the benefit of constant updates, tested and verified plugins, themes and other additions to WordPress, you're more than welcome to move as well.  Or you can continue to run in your own test environment.

For the future I will be creating "refreshable" student accounts. These will be accounts that have SSH, MySQL and other setups, that with the click of a button, I can "refresh" to "factory settings". So then as one student leaves and another comes in, I won't have to create an entirely new setup. I just refresh an existing student account, and we're right back where we started from. Brilliant no? I thought so too. Of course I was looking in the mirror when I thought it, so my opinion of myself might have been skewed (favorably of course...). :D

Anyhow, so I would like to get some feedback from the following students. Which of yens are using your student accounts, including SSH, PHP and MySQL. And which are just using WordPress, or which are not using the accounts at all. I need to hear from everyone by April 6th. Any accounts that have not responded by then will be verified, and then deleted. 

The student Lists are:

Aoirthoir
Bob
Cedric
Charles
Chuck
Dan
Doug
Fuzz
George
James
Jerry
JJ
Julie
Keith
Kevin
Laurel
Leah
Lori
Marc
Michael
Pam
Pat
Pat2
Phil
RimeStrike
Ron
Stuart
Terry
Therese

When you respond, if you are planning on continuing to use your account, please let me know what you are using it for. If it's more appropriate to move you from a student account, to a live account, we can accommodate.

Kind Regards
Aoirthoir Von Lichetenstein The Third