Cleveland Web Design and Development Meetup Message Board The Old Forum › Secure Web Application Development Training @ Westlake

Secure Web Application Development Training @ Westlake

A former member
Post #: 10
The following 1-day course is being taught on October 24th at LaCentre in Westlake. Registration is available under the training section at https://www.informati...­

- Robert

Title: WebAppSec: Developing Secure Web Applications

Abstract: Web applications are the new frontier of wide‐spread security breaches. This tutorial will guide through development practices to ensure the security and integrity of web applications, in turn protecting user data and the infrastructure the application runs on. Several attack types and risks will be reviewed (including OWASP’s Top 10), along with how the proper development practices can mitigate their damage. Although examples covered are PHP-based, much of the content is also applicable to other languages. All course registrants will receive printed materials and a certificate of completion which may be used for documenting continuing education credits.

Here’s what past WebAppSec attendees had to say:

"Great coverage for a complicated and broad ranged subject matter. Just the right mix of generalization and technical coverage for developers and management"

"The information was very useful and current. I've learned things that I can immediately implement in my code."

"Presented in a very structured format. Instructor knew his stuff. Good presentations."

"The slides were excellent - full of good code examples and explanations"

"Very knowledgeable! Covered a lot of topics in a limited amount of time"

The presenter was excellent. He didn't present an overload of information. The day went very quickly and I am leaving with a lot of valuable information"

"Material that was presented was presented and covered well. Instructor is very knowledgeable"

"Handouts & presentation well organized & coordinated"