Cleveland Web Design and Development Meetup Message Board Classes › HTML & CSS Course Discussion

HTML & CSS Course Discussion

A former member
Post #: 327
If you have questions about the course, are a student and would like to ask questions, share material, discuss the class, please share your thoughts here. Additionally, you might want to start a thread for your specific topic. Finally you might also want to check out headfirstlabs.com/books/hfhtml/ as that is the site specific to Head First material.

Kind Regards,
Aoirthoir
Susan
user 6678591
Lakewood, OH
Post #: 2
I'm attending the next Sunday html/css meet-up and maybe we'll cover this. I'm having issues getting my text color to change with the css I'm entering. Here's the code:

<html>
<head>
<title>Susan Vincent - Artist</title>
<style type="text/css">
body{
background-color: 555555;
margin-left: 20%;
margin-right: 20%;
font-family: sans-serif;
font-color: white;
}
</style>
</head>

I tried typing in the numbers for white and it wasn't working either. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Susan
Susan
user 6678591
Lakewood, OH
Post #: 3
Okay-- I don't know if this is correct but it worked:

body{
color: white;
}

Is this the proper way to code this? thanks again.
A former member
Post #: 350
Okay-- I don't know if this is correct but it worked:

body{
}

Is this the proper way to code this? thanks again.

It is almost right. The bacground color needs to be preceded by a hash (#) so it should say #555555. You can shorten #555555 to #555 but I really never like to do that. Also White can become #FFFFFF.

Finally when creating code samples try using the code tag. In here to do that you place the word code in the brace tag format thus code and /code each surrounded by [].

body{
background-color: #555555;
}