Cleveland Web Design and Development Meetup Message Board Classes › PHP/MySQL Course Discussion

PHP/MySQL Course Discussion

A former member
Post #: 328
If you have questions about the course, are a student and would like to ask questions, share material, discuss the class, please share your thoughts here. Additionally, you might want to start a thread for your specific topic. Finally you might also want to check out headfirstlabs.com/books/hfphp/ as that is the site specific to Head First material.

Kind Regards,
Aoirthoir
A former member
Post #: 1
This is def. very interesting to me.
A former member
Post #: 345
They are all set up now. I've set them to run on the same days as the HTML classes, but with a couple of hours in between. That will give me a chance for a break.

The only ones that should really be attending both though, are those that are going through the HTML course as a refresher, rather than not knowing anything at all. if you don't know HTML/css at all, the PHP/Mysql course is going to be too much.
A former member
Post #: 6
To make sure I understand everything correctly...

I can log into the DImDim link (https://my.dimdim.com...­) you have provided on Sunday, August 29th at 1:00 pm for this class:

Chapter 3 of O'Reilly's Head First: PHP & MySQL book. "Creating your own data - Create and populate databases"

I just want to make sure I am going about this in the right way.

Thanks.
A former member
Post #: 349
James, You are going about it correct. Just make sure you have already gone over chapters 1 & 2 because we won't be playing catch up for those chapters. Eventually I might have a 5 or 8 or something chapter review...but that's not going to take place now.

Kind Regards