add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Cleveland Web Design and Development Meetup Message Board Classes › Double Up HTML/CSS Course

Double Up HTML/CSS Course

A former member
What's a "Double Up" Course? Our Double Up courses are just like our regular courses of the same name, but on steroids. Alright, maybe not STEROIDs, but some serious caffeine like Mountain Dew or 63.5% Cacao Dark Chocolate. Every class (one class per week) will cover TWICE the material of its regular course counterpart. This means you can finish the course in half the number of weeks. For the HTML/CSS Double Up that means you can be done in about 11 weeks instead of about 21 weeks, not including any HTML5 classes or bonus material.

Double Ups require a SERIOUS commitment on the part of each and every student attending. You can expect to spend between 4 to 8 hours reading the material, doing all of the exercises and practicing the code. In addition, the class time will be significantly different. There will be no lecture time. Instead, we'll have a question and answer session between students and instructor*. MANY (not all) questions that the students have will need to be provided to the instructor BEFORE CLASS starts. That way, our instructor can recognize where each student, or the Double Up Class as a whole needs extra help. Preparing copious notes, questions for the instructor and reviewing questions other students have posted, will take up even more time.

The benefits of a Double Up are obvious to those with the time, resources and will to join. You're done faster, and if you wish to continue studies after a double up, you can move forward more quickly to project mode. Is a Double Up for you? Join us and find out.

The course material that we will be reviewing each week will be from O'Reilly's Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML book. Full descriptions of the course and what is covered in each class can be found on our forum announcement for the HTML Class. Please keep in mind, that each Double Up Class will be covering twice the material. So study accordingly.

The course is free, but I am asking for donations. Donations will help me cover the rent for the facility I am using, and other costs. A suggested donation range is between $5 to $20 per class. If you find the material, class time, help and suggestions you receive valuable, a donation is greatly appreciated. I will have a box available at each class, labeled donations, for those that are able and willing to donate.

Our first Double Up Series starts This coming Monday at 9am until 11am. So if you missed the first two HTML/CSS Classes (or even if you want to review again) now's your chance to see what you're missing. Just visit our calendar at http://cleveland-webm...­ to RSVP.

Kind Regards,
Aoirthoir Von Pooped out. :D [wink]
Ronald F.
user 10187584
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 1
is there a way to double up on how fast my brain assimilates the new info? sign me up for that. wait where did i put my high lighter?