Cleveland Wine Club Message Board › New "NO SHOW" Policy!

New "NO SHOW" Policy!

Caryn
user 11164561
Louisville, OH
Post #: 12
Hey Gang!

This message was originally sent out by Teri, our group's founder. No-show's have again become a problem, that is why our new policy will require payment in advance for all wine dinners. I have adjusted the message to meet our requirements. Please read.....This message is important:

As a new organizer, I am working for the first time with a lot of wine bars and wineries - and they are taking a chance on us when we tell them that we will have a certain number of people in attendance at an event. They typically bring in extra staff, as well as purchase extra wine & food just to accommodate us - unfortunately, at all events so far, there have been "no-shows". Since our wine club is still establishing our reputation...a large number of RSVPs accompanied by a number of no-shows does not put us in a very good light and does not encourage establishments to want work with us again or give us a discount.

I am not making any money organizing this group and I organize the events in my spare time...bottom line? I am just asking for some common courtesy here.

Here are the guidelines everyone needs to follow for RSVPs:

1) It is important to RSVP as soon as possible for an upcoming Meetup. We are counting on you to let us know beforehand if you will or will not be attending. We use this information to make reservations and hold space.
2) It is equally important to keep your RSVP up to date. If you realize that you can't attend an event, you should change your RSVP right away (at least 24 hours before the event).
3) We aren't interested in a large number of members, we are interested in active members!
4) If you don't get a chance to change your RSVP before the event, understand that we have a "double jeopardy" rule. When you put the Cleveland Wine Club's reputation at risk twice by being a "no show" we will likely remove you from our mailing list, three times and you will be removed from our membership.

Thank you so much for continuing to support our efforts in making our group fun and popular! We have met some great people through our club and I've made so many new friends! I love our group and hope to keep bringing you fun activities at a great price!

Thanks again and Cheers!!

Caryn and "Crew"