addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Click London Message Board › Fine detail for Dungeness

Fine detail for Dungeness

Richard G.
user 14315276
London, GB
Hi all
Here's the plan for Dungeness:
12:00: Meet Pilot pub http://thepilotdungen...­. This is just as a meeting point not for any heavy consumption. We divide up into small groups of 4/5. Being in small groups is partly because the Dungeness Trust isn't keen on having huge groups wandering around.
12:30: Groups head-off to take photos.
17:30: Back at the Pilot pub for late lunch/early dinner/drinks. Book cabs where necessary.
How you get down there is up to you, but here is my suggestion (based on my local man's suggestion):
10:10 train to Ashford International from St Pancras, arrive 10:48. Off-peak day returns are £27 (cheaper with rail cards, etc). Trains also go from Charing Cross. From Ashford, get a cab to Dungeness. I got a quote of £45 from Invicta cabs (01233 646646) for an 8-person people carrier. I'm going to book two of these for everyone if enough people want to take this route. Please let me know if you won't need a seat.
18:30: get cabs back to Ashford. Get 19:43 train, arriving St Pancras 20:21.
My phone number is 07768741321.
Richard