Saturday, October 3rd, 2009
10 am to 7 pm
Maritime Events Center, Pier 66
Come celebrate wild and healthy oceans!
Featuring: Interactive Maritime Exhibits, Films, Panel Discussions, Musicians, Fisher/Poets, Authors, Nautical Vendors and Informational Booths.
- All day panels, guest speakers and films will present information on urban stormwater runoff, ocean, acidification, pollution, pesticides, open pit mining and other industrial activities that put our blue planet and sustainable resources at risk. Learn how we can work together to make a difference.
- Catch a glimpse of life at sea standing in a ship's wheelhouse coming into Puget Sound or on a fishing boat in stormy weather.
- Join conservation organizations, recreational boaters, surfers, fishing and community groups, river and beach cleanup efforts that are restoring and protecting our oceans, tidelands and watersheds.
- Celebrate sustainable wild seafoods and the companies, fishermen and women bringing them to your dinner plates and barbecues.
- Learn about the heritage, diversity and economic value of our region's waterfront and maritime industries.
- Hear about campaigns to protect mangrove forests from destruction to feed our "cheap shrimp habit" and policies promoting more aquaculture feedlots.
Schedule of events and more information at: http://www.bluefestiv... Tickets are $5 at the door, children and students are free,
Advance tickets can be purchased for $4 at:
Not a Number Cards & Gifts
1905 N. 45th St., Seattle, WA 98103