Hello and welcome to Climb On! Long Island. We are a group of climbers that meet on a weekly basis at Island Rock (IR) in Plainview; and Gravity Vault (GV) in Melville. Island Rock and Gravity Vault (indoor climbing gyms) are a great place to learn basic climbing skills and improve your ability for the real thing. Being outdoor enthusiasts, we do a variety of activities which include indoor and outdoor rock climbing, ice climbing, hiking, camping, and backpacking. Interested in joining our group? No experience is needed and your first visit will include climbing just as soon as you get there. We will belay! To all newbies looking to join, don't go by our confirmed attendees, we always have a minimum of 10 regular group members at every meeting on Wednesday nights.
Pricing for Island Rock (Wednesday Nights):
- On your first visit to our group, IR charges $16. This price is for the day pass only. There may be extra fees from the gym if you need to rent a harness and shoes. Both pieces of equipment are REQUIRED. You will not be allowed to climb without a harness, nor will you get up anything more than the most basic walls in your own sneakers. IR would normally charge $21 for a day pass, and $10 for gear rental. Remember to inform the front desk that you are attending the meetup to receive your discount.
-On your first visit, you will be required to take a belay* lesson to become belay certified**. (As of April 5, 2017 this lesson will be given for free, courtesy of your Meetup Organizers. Please find one of the meetup organizers to receive your lesson. IR normally charges $32.50 for a belay lesson. After passing your belay lesson, an organizer may inform the gym staff that you have been certified, and they will make a mark on your account for future visits.
- Every visit to our group here after, IR will charge the day pass fee + rental equipment. There is no fee for joining the group, nor having you join us on a weekly basis.
Pricing for Gravity Vault (Wednesday Mornings):
- Each visit to GV for the morning climbing session will cost $15. This charge includes the day pass, which will extend past the end of the Meetup event; as well as include the rental harness and shoes. Both pieces of gear are required to climb. Normal day pass and gear rental fees are $21 and $9 respectively.
- Please see your Morning Climbs Organizer, Adam, if you require a lesson on how to belay. As with IR, lessons will now be given free of charge. GV normally charges $55 for belay lessons.
- Every visit to our group here after, GV will charge the day pass fee + rental equipment incl. There is no fee for joining the group, nor having you join us on a weekly basis.
-Great discounts at the door and on IR memberships. (Memberships 3 months or more,purchased on Wed. nights)
-Comprehensive belay* lessons, to get you belay certified.**
-Amazing tips and techniques to get you to the top.