Clojure NYC Message Board › IBM SmarterCities application due 5/4, Spread the Word and Apply!
|A former member||
IBM and InSITE, as part of its Always Be Closing (“ABC”) series, are partnering to bring you IBM Smart Cities SmartCamp in New York on May 24th.
IBM is looking to team with smart entrepreneurs to help build a Smarter Planet. Does your solution address problems the world is facing in energy, healthcare, telecommunications or any of the other areas of Smarter Planet?
Introduce your company and technology directly to decision makers at IBM. IBM SmartCamp is an exclusive global program bringing together entrepreneurs, investors and experienced mentors who want to build a Smarter Planet. SmartCamp provides access to world-class advisors plus a direct route to seed and venture capital. Selected companies work with IBM’s global mentor networkconsisting of world-class entrepreneurs, investors and industry experts from around the globe.
Top companies will be fast tracked as a semifinalist in IBM’s North America SmartCamp in June.
IBM is interested in connecting with startups that are addressing some of the needs that larger enterprises, government agencies, etc. are facing, including:
- Turning information into insights
- Deepening engagement with customers, partners and employees
- Delivering enterprise mobility
- Enabling agile business processes and applications
- Optimizing business infrastructures
- Accelerating product and/or service innovation
- Managing risk, security and compliance
A handful of the companies that apply will be selected to present their solutions to IBM’s business development team in front of a live audience, as well as meet with mentors and investors. Participants will receive:
- Opportunity to profile their company in front of the local industry and investment community
- Mentorship from world class investors and advisors
- Exposure to IBM Industry Executive Leadership and Business Development Leaders
As basic criteria, applying companies must:
- Be less than 5 Years Old
- Be a legal entity
- Have product and be in beta, or preferably have a customer
Startups are encouraged to apply that are developing new market enterprise-level solutions focused on the following key areas:
- Government and Agency Administration
- Urban Planning
- Energy and Water
- Social and Health
- Public Safety
Visit ibm.co/HObJrP for the most up-to-date information.
Apply to SmartCamp here: http://bit.ly/HNH4ZN...