We have put together a special dive trip for a very special weekend: Valentine!
We are going back to Blue Heron Bridge and this time we want it all; both a morning dive and a night dive under this famous, highly regarded bridge in West Palm Beach.
The high tide Saturday the 15th of February is 8:23 am and 8:36 pm at night. For you who don't know about this; there is a stream of water flowing in and out under the bridge that can be dangerous unless you dive either during lowest tide or the highest tide when the water is flowing less, so that gives us the opportunity to dive both in the morning and at night. To be able to do this I have made reservations for two nights in two different motels in the area.
$ 289 for either alternative down below.
* 2 nights in a King bed or a double room at Parkview Motor Lodge in west Palm Beach (no breakfast)
* Two shore dives in the mornings at Blue Heron Bridge
* Two boat dives to the ship wreck Mitzpah on Saturday afternoon
* One night dive led by a Dive Guide under Blue Heron Bridge
* 5 air tanks
* one night at Parkview Motor Lodge (no breakfast)
* one night at Flamingo Motel in Okeechobee (breakfast included)
* two tanks boat dives to the greek ship wreck of Mitzpah
* one night dive with a Dive Guide under the Blue Heron Bridge
* four air tanks
1. We arrive to Parkview Motor lodge downtown West Palm Beach for check-ins Friday night the 14th of February. It is a 3,5 h drive from Gulfport to West Palm Beach on the east coast, so if you don't want to spend the night at the motel, you can leave Gulfport at 3:45 am to be there under the bridge 7:15 am, when we are going to meet.
2. We plan to be in the water at 7:45, so if you need more time to put your gear together, come earlier! We need to be up from the water again at 9:05 am!
3. Back to the motel for a shower and some rest and then we all either meet somewhere to have lunch or you decide yourself where and when to have your lunch.
4. Check-in no later than 12:30 pm at the dive charter 1 mile away from Force-E. Address will be given in time before this dive trip.
5. We do a 20 min. boat ride to the greek ship wreck of Mitzpah at 80 ft of water. The second dive will be at a reef close-by.
6. Dinner will be at 6:00 at Il Bellagio, also downtown West Palm Beach.
7. We will have a dive guide from Force-E with us when we do the night dive at Blue Heron Bridge. That is the only way we can get a permit for night diving there after sunset. We meet at Phil Foster Park at 7:30 pm to be in the water at 7:50!
8. For you who wants to start the driving home, I have made reservations for a motel in Okeechobee, Flamingo Motel Okeechobee, about an hour towards home from the Blue Heron Bridge. You who wants to go right back to the Parkview Motor Lodge can do so if that is what you have reserved.
9. For you who stayed over night in West Palm Beach can, if you haven't gotten enough of diving, go back to Blue Heron Bridge for a morning dive. High tide this Sunday the 16th of February will be 8:57 am so be in the water about 8:20 am.
Saturday nights dinner at Il Bellagio is not included. Last day to sign up and pay for this is Friday the 31st of January 2014!
To see this in pictures se our board at Pinterest. You can click on each picture to get to the different places web site. http://www.pinterest.com/letsgodiving/the-red-heart-and-the-blue-heron/