CoFoundersLab Matchup Rockville Message Board CoFoundersLab Matchup Rockville › CoFounder - Green Technology Writer & Advocate

CoFounder - Green Technology Writer & Advocate

Christopher K.
user 11207465
Pasadena, MD
Post #: 1
Hello,

I look forward to meeting with this group in person!

I am looking for a CoFounder who is or has an engineering mind. Ideally you are interested in green tech, however as long as you are an avid learner you may qualify. You are into understanding how technologies work, which are better and why, and you would be into sharing your opinions and discoveries with the world through your writing and more (videos, podcasts, interviews) if you're interested. I would also love your feedback on new technologies I found, or that you may come across in your research.

You must be wiling to work with an owner's mentality and to earn income based on what income the company creates, instead of a guaranteed income for each hour spent. I am looking for someone to do this from their own home, part time is just fine, who is a self starter and willing to continue to produce great content without constant management. If you could invest 5-10+ hours per week that would be amazing.

You will earn 35% of all net profits from sales of products, affiliate commissions, and also including advertising revenues. If you are really growing the company through your writing and it's reception to the public and affect on sales, I will be interested to offer more $ and/or a an equity stake in the company. We can discuss this further at any point you like.

I will continue to operate the marketing, supplier relations, legal, structural and other aspects of the company, while you'll be in charge of sharing information to and advising those interested in green tech. We can agree on a healthy split of the profits for this arrangement, which I hope and intend to be a productive long term relationship.

My name is Chris. I started Organic Mechanic in 2005 with the purpose of making green technologies more accessible. When it began I was building and selling biofuel equipment, and over the years it has transformed into an e-commerce store which offers a few hundred products from various ares of green technology including solar, wind, efficiency, etc. There is also a long term strategy to make an Energy Profile System so that people can personalize info about their energy use and how to best improve it (more on that at another time.)

All told Organic Mechanic has grossed over $500,000 with over 2,000 customers served! One major barrier however that continues to be faced is the need for a dedicated green tech expert/enthusiast to answer customer interests and to write and improve content on the site and in the blog.

For a number of reasons including reducing the work load and increasing automation of sales and business processes, I am transitioning the site to send people directly to the suppliers page to purchase there instead of through our site (affiliate instead of dropship model). This will dramatically reduce the amount of support requests we are receiving, and make it easier to recommend products and provide advice to people without having to take on all responsibilities of direct sales. Now we will focus more on educating the market and spreading green tech.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks for your consideration!

Chris