<//> CodeChops Message Board CodeChops Discussion Forum › Soft Opening March 1st

Soft Opening March 1st

mark
nohorse
Group Organizer
Eugene, OR
Hey Group,

I wanted to drop everyone a unofficial note concerning when we will be opening the doors. We are shooting for a very soft opening March 1st. By "soft" I mean that there is no advertizing outside of the meet-up and word-of-mouth. The tentative plan is to have space for 4 full time bring-your-own-desk type members as well as open the doors to a dozen or so drop-in folks. The work-in progress website is up at http://eugene.codecho...­ and it's going thru lost of changes this week.

What we have and what we don't: 3MB of Free Wifi and 5MB of member-only wifi (and wired). As of today we have a huge standing-height desk, a couple smaller desks and 3 couches. The conference room has completed construction and we are exploring 3 options for furnishing it. So today, no conference room. Next week? Who can say. I just ordered a replacement cable for the projector so we'll have that on the 1st as well. We are getting 4 bar-stools this weekend for the standing desk as well as a 2nd standing desk. These standing desks and the couches would could support a dozen part-timers if everyone does not show up at once. If we do all show up at once, then it's a party and we'll fire up the turntables and the disco ball. That last part was a lie, we have no turntables or a disco ball. Space in back for full-time BYOD folks. Full timers will be given keys and off-hours access. Part-timers will have access from 9-5 weekdays or when they can coordinate with a full-timer for off-hours access.

I've been working on a FAQ and will be getting that up on the site when it's ratified by the management. I just wanted to share with the group what's happening and make sure you all felt "in the know". Please don't hold my feet to the fire if things change. There will be some sort of application process for the full-time spots but the part-time pay-as-you-go stuff should be easy-peezy-paypal and you can pop in.

If you have input, please start a thread at the meetup site for your topic or add to the general discussion thread. Emails to me might get lost.