Misty L. Piekaar is a native North Carolinian, having grown up in the North Raleigh area. Misty received her law degree from North Carolina Central University School of Law and her undergraduate degree in International Studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She concentrates her practice on estate planning and legal matters that pertain to estate planning including real estate and uncontested divorces.
While Misty provides a variety of services to her clients, she tends to focus on estate planning, estate administration, elder law and guardianships. These services provide her with the opportunity to prepare estate plans which can include Powers of Attorney, Last Wills & Testaments and personal Trusts. She also regularly advises clients on the transfer of assets, including business interests, upon marriage, retirement, death or incapacity.
Misty is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, Wake County Bar Association, and a member of the Estate Planning section of the North Carolina Bar Association. Additionally, Misty regularly dedicates her time to a multitude of local civic groups including the Durham Rescue Mission, Uniting NC and her local church. When she’s not attending to the needs of her clients, Misty enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching movies. Having served as both a family caretaker and executor of a family estate, Misty also has dealt with the same frustrations as many of her clients. She understands the daily roller-coaster ride that elder care can create. Misty couples her personal experience with her legal expertise to offer a fitting plan for her client.
Join a vibrant group of empowering women in business
Fridays: 8:45 (free time to network): meeting from 9:00 - 10:00am
As a guest you can
• network with other women in business before and after the meeting
• put your business cards in our card case that is passed around during the meetings
• do a 30 sec presentation to the group about your business
• bring a door prize and have a second opportunity to advertise to the group
• hear a presentation by one of our members
• attend our special lunches with great local guest speakers
• get motivation and support from wonderful women
Attend 3 times for free then decide to join us as an official member with these advantages:
• post your events on our calendar - new people and those signed up on the meetup site (100+) will be notified of your event
• Sign up to do a presentation to this group
• Travel to other Coffee and Contacts™ chapters in the area to network