addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Williamsburg Buddhist Meditation Group Message Board › Re-incarnation

Re-incarnation

Pam W.
user 97023352
Williamsburg, VA
Post #: 1
I'd be interested in listen to a discussion of reincarnation. I've never really believed in it, relating it more to the Christian concept of heaven, a leap of faith, something to look forward to when we're done here on Earth, a way to keep calm and carry on. I mean no disrespect when I say those things, I just don't understand how one comes to that belief. I notice there are some strong ideas, feelings, beliefs, within this group re. re-incarnation and would like to understand what brought you to the point of believing in it.
Ben T.
BenT-G
Group Organizer
Williamsburg, VA
Post #: 12
I have a hard time going there as well, Pam, and I find myself in an agnostic's position in relation to it. It seems to be important as it relates to Karma, cause and effect. I agree, I would like to be part of a discussion of it.
Nancy
NancyCarnegie
Williamsburg, VA
Post #: 34
I think it would be great to have a discussion on Karma also - my position is pretty neutral - not sure, but also thinking in the realm of possibility - my main focus is my life in this world and how I can continue to learn how to be a better person and and help others when ever possible.
A former member
Post #: 3
in the Discovering Buddhism series which we watched part one on Monday night, the topics include the following so I think most of the topics that you would like to discuss further will be covered for those interested in continuing with the films.

On the Monday the 26th, I plan to show the 2nd one, on how to meditate.

Hopefully this will be of some help in answering those questions. At least from a Tibetan Buddhist perspective.

Betsy

How to Meditate
Presenting the Path
The Spiritual Teacher
Death and Rebirth
All About Karma
Refuge in the Three Jewels
Establishing a Daily Practice
Samsara and Nirvana
How to Develop Bodhichitta
Transforming Problems
Wisdom of Emptiness
Introduction to Tantra
Pam W.
user 97023352
Williamsburg, VA
Post #: 2
I have a hard time going there as well, Pam, and I find myself in an agnostic's position in relation to it. It seems to be important as it relates to Karma, cause and effect. I agree, I would like to be part of a discussion of it.
The Karma connection, that makes sense. I'd really like to listen to people talk who have a strong feeling about the existence of reincarnation talk about it, what brought them there and so on.
Pam W.
user 97023352
Williamsburg, VA
Post #: 3
I think it would be great to have a discussion on Karma also - my position is pretty neutral - not sure, but also thinking in the realm of possibility - my main focus is my life in this world and how I can continue to learn how to be a better person and and help others when ever possible.
Maybe there are more people on the neutral to unsure to don't think so side of this than I thought. It seems a discussion on Karma is a common thread. Thank you, Nancy.
A former member
Post #: 4
A Buddhist goes up to a hot dog vendor and says, "Make me one with everything." From the movie 'Bicentennial Man'.