Colorado Crowdfunding: Investment-Based Crowdfunding Message Board › Why Investment-Based Crowdfunding Will Succeed

Why Investment-Based Crowdfunding Will Succeed

R.P. B.
user 13652913
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Last year, I penned a blog entry entitled "Why Investment-Based Crowdfunding Will Succeed."  I wrote it as a response to some skepticism expressed by a local radio show host about crowdfunding, and the likelihood of its success, during an interview I had with him on his show.

What strikes me now as I reread it, is how extraordinarily accurate my perception was back then.  If anything, I'm surprised by the degree to which crowdfunding, including investment-based crowdfunding, in the year since I wrote the blog, has succeeded.  Last year, crowdfunding produced over $2 billion worth of financing for creative projects, causes, new products and, yes, even startup businesses.  This year, it's projected to produce over $5 billion, and that's more than double its impact over a single year.

I've uploaded a pdf version of the blog, turning it into a sort of white paper, in case you're interested.  Even if, for some reason, crowdfunding bores you to tears, if you're at all interested in an unbiased view of what's happened to the American economy over the past 40 years, check out Part 3.  I know, because I was there and, as unbelievable as it is to me now, I had a ringside seat.

If you're interested, you'll find the blog / article / white paper in the "Files" section of our website, under the "More" tab.

Ray