Colorado independent Game Developers Association (CiGDA) Message Board CiCGA- General Discussion Forum › CiGDA hack nights, looking for opinions

CiGDA hack nights, looking for opinions

Jesse
SpaceCowboy
Denver, CO
Post #: 7
Cool - i could see this subject working in both situations.

Hack nights could be a way for people to discuss it more in depth and actually practice with some of the tools, etc, while at one of the more formal meetups it could be covered in a higher-level presentation format.

Thanks for getting that started as a topic.
A former member
Post #: 45
For anyone who couldn't make it to the meetup tonight. Marc and I are visiting denhac on Tuesday and will hopefully be able to swing denhac as the first hack night location. If not, we will fall back to a coffee shop I've found which has a nice, large basement (Hooked on Colfax).

Still shooting for a Wednesday in general.
A former member
Post #: 1
Sounds awesome, I shall definitely attend! Wednesday works great for me.
A former member
Post #: 28
Do we have a date setup up for the first hack night?
Marc W.
MarcWilhelm
Burlington, VT
Post #: 40
Look for an official announcement tonight! 95% chance it will probably be Nov. 14th.
A former member
Post #: 50
Just to be pedantic, hack night is official:

http://www.meetup.com...­
A former member
Post #: 59
The first hack night went pretty well! Everyone seemed to have a good time, and lots of cool games were shown and played on the "official playtest table" :)

We will definitely do this again in December, and I have a feeling this will be a permanent additionto CiGDA.