Colorado independent Game Developers Association (CiGDA) Message Board CiCGA- General Discussion Forum › Next Meetup: Show & Tell Presentations!

Next Meetup: Show & Tell Presentations!

Marc W.
MarcWilhelm
Burlington, VT
Indie Game Geeks,

We had a great first Meetup Sunday night. I think we can all agree it was a success. Our next one holds even more promise.

We have an exciting night of informative presentations from our esteemed group on indie games. In no particular order will be:

Marc Wilhelm (Indie Dev./ Game Designer) - Preview of my game and info. on Steam (digital distribution, digital rights, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve corporation)

Bryan Leister (Indie Dev./ Professor of digital design @ UCD) - Preview of my game and What I Learned Making It

James Tobin (Indie Dev./ Sound Engineer) - Sound for games using F-Mod

Matt Elmer (Indie Dev./ Programmer) - Android App. Development

Matt Greer (Indie Dev./ Programmer) - Sneak peek at my game: Optix and Pixel Art & the Tools to Create It

P.S. $0-$10 donation to the CIGDA Meetup is greatly appreciated for operations costs

For those of you presenting, let me know if you want to change your topic or the way I worded it in the meeting invite, it is not a problem. If you need any help figuring out what/ how to present your topic, ask for help from us or the people around you. It is almost always a good idea to discuss the topic with at least one person who is unfamiliar with it. A very simple but effective technique for formatting a presentation is to establish some main questions about the topic and go about answering them.

In other news, I've contacted the IGDA Colorado chapter to see if they want to send a rep. to talk to us about their organization and hear about the benefits of joining their chapter as individuals.

I am so excited about this next meetup, I think it is going to be a great night and I look forward to learning from all of you.

Thanks,

-Marc