add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Colorado independent Game Developers Association (CiGDA) Message Board CiCGA- General Discussion Forum › blog post: dynamic lighting and shadows

blog post: dynamic lighting and shadows

A former member
Post #: 41
I recently added these two features to my game. Thought I'd share how I did it.

If the technical details don't interest you, there are screenshots and a video to show the end result too.

Marc W.
Burlington, VT
Post #: 37
This blew up on twitter and reddit over the past 20hours BTW. It was retweeted by some of the biggest names in indie games including Chevy Ray Johnston and Infinite Ammo! Matt, you really should start using twitter. ;)

Proof that when you have a good idea it takes off. Great job explaining the process Matt. Absolutely brilliant.

Shane D.
user 61491552
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
Yeah, I saw this on reddit yesterday. Amazing work Matt.
Denver, CO
Post #: 8
Nice! thanks for sharing.
Logan M.
user 60483182
Fort Collins, CO
Post #: 1
This is straight wicked - Super nice, dude! I'm very excited to see what happens with your stealth idea as it progresses, keep us updated. I'll definitely be following this.

Keep up the good work!