Colorado independent Game Developers Association (CiGDA) Message Board CiCGA- General Discussion Forum › denhac's Kid Coding initiative is looking for interested peeps

denhac's Kid Coding initiative is looking for interested peeps

A former member
Hey CiGDA,

We hardly ever send group wide emails like this, but I felt this topic was worthy of it.

A group over at denhac have been inspired by the new code.org and are forming an initiative to teach kids how to code and help mentor them.

If this interests you either as an adult who wants to help get things off the ground or as a kid who wants to learn to code, then consider going to the kick off meeting on March 10th. This will be an organizational meeting aimed at figuring out an approach and game plan for the initiative.

In particular there is interest for female coders who would be interested in being mentors/teachers to help inspire young girls to get into the world of programming. All genders are of course welcome :)

Here are the details for the meeting: http://www.meetup.com...­

Thanks everyone!
Matt
Patrick M.
user 12773555
Boulder, CO
Post #: 1
I was out of town during this meeting. I am interested, drop another line if this continues!
A former member
Post #: 84
The next meeting is on the 24th. The best thing to do is to join denhac's meetup group (linked in the first post) and then you can easily follow these meetings.