ASMP Colorado Professional Photographers Message Board › Photo Exhibition: Blaine Harrington, award winning travel photographer

Photo Exhibition: Blaine Harrington, award winning travel photographer

A former member
Post #: 7
Worldwide travel photographer Blaine Harrington will be the featured photographer (along with supporting artist Abelino) at a fine art photo exhibition titled “Unifying the World through Color” at the Denver Photo Art Gallery (John Fielder’s Colorado), 833 Santa Fe Drive, Denver. The show opens Friday, January 7, 2011 (6-10 PM). The show will feature fourteen large prints of Harrington’s work from Burma, Bhutan, Fiji, India, Namibia, South Africa, Thailand and the U.S. and runs through March 2.

There will also be an artist’s reception at the gallery on January 21 from 6-9 PM during which Harrington will give a slide show and tell some of the stories behind the photos and how they were created. There will be a second opening on February 4. Gallery hours are 10 AM-6 PM Tuesday-Saturday.

During his thirty five year career, Harrington has been published in all major U.S. and international magazines, everything from the Smithsonian and National Geographic Publications to Time, Newsweek and Business Week. He has won a record six portfolio prizes (including being named Travel Photographer of the Year twice) in the prestigious Society of American Travel Writers photo competition in the last nine years.

To see more of his work and find out more about him please visit Blaine's web site.
Blaine H.
user 10011106
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Thanks Peter for posting this message about my upcoming show at Denver Photo Art Gallery, which has it's opening a week from now, Friday evening, January 7 between 6-10 PM. Everyone in the area who's interested in world travel and travel photography would enjoy the show, I'm sure.

I will be a guest on KUSA Channel 9's Colorado & Company this coming Monday morning, January 3 between 10-11 AM, so if you have the opportunity, check it out. I will also have a major profile feature on my career in photography in the Denver Post next week. It will probably be in the Post this coming Tuesday or Thursday, so keep an eye out.

Hope to see you all there next Friday evening! Best wishes and happy new year! Blaine Harrington

p.s. here's a link to my silver award winning portfolio on the SATW site for 2011:
SATW silver portfolio