CUPS JULY NEWSLETTER:
CUPS Meeting Tues July 16th at 6:30 for socializing and 7pm for the presentation at the Downtown Aquarium.
GROUP DISCUSSION: BEHAVIOR IN UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY
Will be led by John Gordon and John Bulik, this is a participatory meeting where all members are ask to bring 5 to 10 images for their behavioral merit that they would like to have discussed by other members. This could be a great way to get feedback for the upcoming photo exhibit and contest at Making WAVES 2013 in Boulder. You must be registered on the CUPS website to participate in the contest. Once you have logged-in or registered. The categories’ will again be.
· Artistic-as viewed in the eyes of the beholder
· Behavior-indicative of a species or interaction
· Environmental-showing manmade impact on ecosystem or ecosystem related
The goal is to have you walk away from this meeting with a new perspective on what makes an image fall into the “Behavior” category for entry into the MW photo contest and future shooting. John and John will be bringing some of their images to share to get things started, please bring your photos on a thumb drive.
SEE CUPS on Facecbook! And The Colorado Scuba Meetup Groupplease RSVP
Help - please volunteer to present at a future meeting contact: [masked]
· The Downtown Aquarium is the CUPS meeting place. Please mark your calendar for 2012 - the Third Tuesday of each month! (See link below for map.)
· NEW!!!!Note: Parking in the lot just across the street from the Aquarium is free if you get your stub validated at the bar or the parking attendant is not in the booth otherwise it a flat $7 in the evening.
· Entrance: Go through the double doors on the Water Street side (across from Senor Sol Restaurant) and the classroom is directly to your right on the first level.
· Map: Denver Downtown Aquarium If you want to make your own MapQuest Direction map, here is the official address: 700 Water St, Denver, CO 80211
· Thanks to the hospitality of Landry's Restaurants Inc, we meet at the beautiful Downtown Aquarium in their spacious classroom.
OTHER LOCAL EVENTS OF INTEREST:
Colorado Ocean Coalition “Blue Drinks” July 18th at the Walnut Brewery in Boulder.
Denver Divers Annual Summer BBQ at Pulaski Park Saturday July 13th 11:30-2:30pm
There will be a Fund Raiser for Colorado Ocean Coalition August 10th from 3pm to 9pm at the Dive Inn 1380 S. Broadway. If anyone has items to donate for the silent auction or products from a business you are friendly with please contact Amanda Masters at[masked] [masked]
MAKING WAVES 2013 is coming back in September; CUPS will again have a photo exhibit and competition. Start thinking about the photos you want to prepare for this event. John Bulik has volunteered to head up the event this year. (Stay tuned for here for upcoming details) Also if you are willing to allow photo from your galleries on the CUPS website to be used by Colorado Ocean Coalition for promotion for this event please email [masked]
Shark Bait Dive Club’s Palau trip and other upcoming trips!
The Team at CUPS